Games console thing...

MARTINGTI

Octane Boostaholics
So, young lads birthday is fast approaching. He is using my old PlayStation the last while and is loving it. Grand theft auto is a big hit! I know nothing about games consoles so I'm asking a fairly basic question. Xbox or PlayStation? And which one? Iv seen re con ones in a few places, think they were Xbox one and PlayStation 4.... Which would be better for the likes of grand theft auto and other car games?

It also depends if you only want it for games or other content and stuff

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Plastation 4 has multiplayer without subscription, xbox one is subscription based, so u need the game, and monthly fee on top of that. I would personally favor ps4 for that reason, other than that, differences are rather minimal

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PS4 needs ps plus to play multiplayer online, extra €50 a year. I dunno how much Xbox is

My cousin is a gaming nut , had playstations and xboxes over the years but reckons ps4 is best at the min .
And he swore by xbox for years .

Didnt know PS4 has subscription based multiplayer. Also, the differences are minimal then really. I would personally still go probably for PS4 over Xbox, but it gets down to personal preference. Used to have Xbox 360 at home back in the time...

I have a ps4.
Forza is only available on xbox. I've never played it but its supposed to be a really good driving game.

And I think gran turismo is only available on ps4.

So the best two driving sims are on different platforms

Heres some food for thought https://youtu.be/eOLiL58HZg4

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

When we are talking Racing Sims - Assetto corsa is better than both combined... And Project cars, while not as good as Assetto Corsa is still good enough. And those two are available on both consoles.

Forza is however much better than Gran Turismo, hands down on that, and its not only about graphics, but the handling and added features too.

I was in the same predicament Martin ...it's like the evo Subaru question lol....I have no clue about gaming so just went for the Xbox 1. Kids love it

Exactly the same
and if a gamer best to have both
personally if only 1 then Xbox for Forza but only reason for a Xbox I can see
xbox subscription 5 euro a month but well worth it as get 4 free games a month you can download and keep
id say you would use online gtav online is much better than offline

Xbox for me too got both Xbox more user friendly alright

Get Forza and your kid won't get a look in Martin ☺

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Right! So i got the Xbox one anyway and GTA 5. Trued playing it there now. Every time I start it takes me to this bank robbery scene. On a mission....

Is there anyway like the old game to be able to kinda just free style. Walk down the street, rob a car, drive around like a lunatic till your arrested or killed. Passing all these missions aint an option!!

as far as i remember that is just like an introduction to the game. that scene is set in the past. once you finish that you will be back in the present day and can just drive around if you want.

Its not that dificult to finish

I have a ps4.
Forza is only available on xbox. I've never played it but its supposed to be a really good driving game.

And I think gran turismo is only available on ps4.

So the best two driving sims are on different platforms

Heres some food for thought https://youtu.be/eOLiL58HZg4

Something wrong there. My Forza 3 on the 360 has better graphics than that Forza 6 on the One.

Got past that intro now alright and im flying around. Young lads birthday is not till next week so im trying to get it all sorted before hand.

One other thing. When driving, the accelerate button is the RT button. I need to change that so that its the Y button. My lad has very poor hand function and wouldn't manage to get to the RT button. Iv gone into button mapping.... But cant find an option to change the RT button. Any ideas?

Back