Nangkang NS2R Vs AR1s

pugtk

Sunday Drivers
I'm looking for a good fast road tyre for my type r and I have been looking at the Nangkang NS2r semi slick or the more Track orientated AR1.

Suspension wise I'm running Bc "Long Travel" Coilovers with 4/3 springs and Whiteline adjustable ARB's Front & Back.

I've yet to have the car corner weighted and setup right, but that will be last thing done before she goes on the road.

The car is for weekend use and it will see the odd wet road, but mainly dry use.

I was swaying more to the Nangkang NS2R in a medium compound as they seem to be ok in the wet. (from reviews I've read)

Has anyone on here real life experience with either model of tyre?

I used the NS2R racing in Future Classics last year. Ironically I used it to slow the car as it was breaking the barrier time in the class with AO48 tyres. Having said that I still broke it a few times with the NS2R. But as having used the tyre racing I could not recommend it higher! Wet grip was quite good and they were surprisingly good in the dry for a budget semi slick. I found they started to go off 10mins into a 15 min race but would never completely fall of the edge. As a road tyre I'd have no problem fitting them on my daily driver. As for the AR-1 I have not used them but heard mixed reviews from guys who did. We were speaking to Nanking over at Autosport show this year and they say that some issues have been resolved with new compound for 2017. But bang for buck the NS2R is a good tyre in my humble opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not knowing much about tyres , i got some ns2r for my daily ,road legal track tyre for the right money and thread pattern was a factor for me , deffo noticed the improved grip over standard budget tyres . supposedly the higher grade 140 or 160 last a bit longer .

got myne off camskill for 100 a corner delivered afaik

yes i would reccommend , but as stated , idk poo about tyres

and thats all i have to say about that (forest)

If you will be driving it in the rain dont get AR-1. They are very sketchy in the rain. Out right grip AR-1 blows NS2R out of the water. They would be up with the R888R are the likes. Not really road tyres though.

Before I decided on what fast road/track tyre I would go for I got talking to a few lads who actually compete. They said NS2R are great tyres but are a few seconds slower per lap than AD08R which is what I eventually went with.

I have pushed them on a bit out on the road fairly pushing them in the dry and they just dont let go. I had them out in torrential rain at mondello and they wernt bad. Not dangerous but not road tyre good in the rain. When the track dried up the grip was just spectacular. They never let go, over heated (10 plus laps).

Dont really know how long they last. I have covered around 5k kms on the road and 1 track day so far and they still look new. Due out on track again next week so will see how they wear if its dry.

If your free next friday I can take you out around mondello so you can experience the grip of them in person.

federal rsr is worth a look at this price range .

excellent dry weather grip and not so bad in the wet I thought

I got the ao48r for 100 Euro each if I remember correctly savage Tyre very noisy but don't care the grip in wet and dry I find amazing...one of the best upgrade I have done....power is nothing without control.....or something like that lol......

I got the ao48r for 100 Euro each if I remember correctly savage Tyre very noisy but don't care the grip in wet and dry I find amazing...one of the best upgrade I have done....power is nothing without control.....or something like that lol......

100% agree with the AO48 they are the ultimate track tyre. But they have lost E marking so competition use only now I'm afraid.

Ya they will all have (Competition use only) in them now. But 888R still E marked. Bang for buck the NS2R is not bad at all. I have a contact to get them cheap but few weeks lead time on orders

Well I don't want to be left wanting more.

The car wont be driven hard in the wet, but I still don't want a tyre that will just lock up under braking, loosing grip all over the place etc.

Again Noise not a major issue, its a weekend machine(toy)

Yokahama ADO8R would probably be the best all round tyre for track and road and cost.

Back