Photo Host

borderguy

Sunday Drivers
What website is everyone using to upload photos to share and repost on this forum? Photobucket all of a sudden wants to charge me $400 a year.... wtf???

aafceffa4f8355472150c341efcc92a8.jpg

Hmmm, this Tapatalk seems to work!

tapatalk pictures dont upload to here they upload to there own server and all your data is collected (links clicked collected) etc. so if Your security inclined just know in advance :thumbsup:

Photobucket

Think some of them charges are advert or pop ups.

Last edited:
What website is everyone using to upload photos to share and repost on this forum? Photobucket all of a sudden wants to charge me $400 a year.... wtf???

I stand corrected.

I can put them up with photobucket on the forum on my laptop and see them.
But if i log on and use full site on phone i see the error msg third party hosting.

I've never used tapalk on the phone.

Thousands of listings from online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay are now filled with unsightly error images by Photobucket after the photo hosting site quietly introduced a $399 annual fee to users who want to embed images on third party websites. Users are now accusing Photobucket of extortion, as the service failed to make the update to its terms of service abundantly clear.
USERS ARE ACCUSING PHOTOBUCKET OF EXTORTION
It all began last week when Photobucket announced in a short blog post that it had updated its terms of service that had begun taking effect from June 20th. Nowhere in the blog post did Photobucket highlight the most important change, which was that it will now cost uploaders $400 a year to insert their photos on another website using direct image links.
Photobucket, which launched in 2003, was previously free for all users to upload and embed images all over the web. It was a popular image hosting service of choice for early 2000s bloggers (think Xanga and LiveJournal) until the likes of Facebook and Instagram came along. Since then, it remained widely used by small businesses selling items through online marketplaces, offering 2GB of storage for free or $100 a year for 102GB of storage (the most popular paid plan, according to the service). The update to Photobucket’s ToS, however, means users are forced to upgrade to the most premium tier if they wish to hotlink.
You can imagine, then, the outrage that ensued. It appears some users can’t even download their own photos out of their Photobucket accounts without upgrading.

I notice all photos on nasioc were gone missing now l know. As for fixing the photos in your own build thread l had to recover all my photos in my thread and it was pain in the arse and guessing game :facepalm:

Only way is to use forum upload facility
the forum server will always be property of the club and nobody else will have access to this information
everything else is 3rd party
Handy but at a cost as 3rd party will sell market in the future

It's very easy to use Tapatalk marko can use both if u want it's easy to put up pics and stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imgur.com hands down the best sharing website atm, no money required, no limits, upload what u want for as long as u want, link it directly everywhere, create albums etc

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back