Topaz new improved petrol MILES

it's a sales drive I'd be willing to bet .

very easy to claim something your average person can't prove or disprove.
still 95 octane from the same tanks with new stickers

Free market: you have the money to spend, there is a demand for it and government allows oil cartel to do what they want - makes perfect sense :ponder2:

Are there any testing labs here in Ireland? I know in Czech you could take petrol sample to government held labs and they tested it for you, for a price of course. It probably is a marketing move only, but would be nice to know for sure

Is this not just the usual additives that they get 3% more mpg compared to no additives in the fuel which no stations sell?

The one to look out for is "miles plus" which is 98 ron afaik.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My uncle does the test on all fuels that come into the docks. Actually Ciaran could prob know this too as he works in the docks. Nearly 99%of the time the fuel here is 93 or 92 very seldom higher ron than that.

Maxol fuel is maxol
Topaz, applegreen and Tesco are the same batch.

A lad I know who's into hill climbs & drifting told me a while back he knew of some1 who tested all the petrol sold in Ireland and Maxol had highest octane out of all tested !
Don't know how true this is but have stuck with Maxol ever since .

Maxol is the highest octane. When they had the e95 I think it was called. Now they don't have that at the pumps.

As Jay said all low 92 or 93 never better than 95 as customs tests oil company's regular and if it exceeds 95 the company's get a massive fine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As Jay said all low 92 or 93 never better than 95 as customs tests oil company's regular and if it exceeds 95 the company's get a massive fine.

Ive heard that before and its the stupidest thing ever... fine them for making stuff better... good old Ireland :/

Not illegal falls into diff tax bracket by revenue I was told

If higher atracts more tax to oil company load so they pay more and there's very little interest from the regular Irish motorist in high octaine fuel or paying more for fuel ie premium fuel

Last edited:
As Ciaran said. Most motorists wouldn't even know the difference between the two. The government tax is less on crap fuel so the big companies and the government make more money off it. If it was a higher octane then the tax would be higher meaning the cost at the pumps will be much higher.

My uncle told me that if maxol continued to run the higher octane, the petrol would increase to nearly 197.9 per litre. Plus we would be also paying higher road tax to accumulate the higher tax being paid by the oil company. Basically the government are pocketing twice the profit from the sale.

If you can believe mr. Google this in Germany today
. Would you pay 1.70-1.80 for quality fuel? I would but l have only short trips.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170705-151400.png
    Screenshot_20170705-151400.png
    680.7 KB · Views: 62
I would too if it was the fuel quality you were been told it is. Because here we are being lied to

yes, I would pay more for quality petrol. I would have no other choice, as the car would get mapped for it and then exploded without it:D

Back