Type r

only lads i ever saw blow imprezas were lads that drove them like vtec civics or cars were shitters or big boost with no remap

there is exceptions to the rule and milage on imports in generally incorrect so hard tell for sure
all depends on who had it before you i suppose

But as Seanie said, there is a known issue with the oil pressure relief valves sticking open and dumping oil pressure, and also with screws on backing plate of oil pump coming loose.. both resulting in the famous Subaru bottom end failure.. back when the Big burst of Jap imports were around, the more sensible U.K. Importers sold them serviced, timing belt and all with new oil pumps with modified polished relief valve as preventitive maintenance

Last edited:
every car has weak points , my original point is lack of a rebuild or remap on fresh import wouldnt put me off
buying a type r if rest was good

its not a certainty they will blow up - only a possibility

Either way your looking at a big bill weather it's for a engine or to sort the rust.

There just as important as each other

Say that to a panel beater Joe, lol

What I'm saying is, both will cost the same to sort out.

So both are relative when buying.

We will all have our own opinions

Like sc86 will think only body condition be cause he buys from japan, does no driving in them and sells them on.

I would be the opposite as I want to drive the car on.

It's different when you're keeping car,at the end of the day it's all down to €'s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say that to a panel beater Joe, lol

What I'm saying is, both will cost the same to sort out.

So both are relative when buying.

We will all have our own opinions

Like sc86 will think only body condition be cause he buys from japan, does no driving in them and sells them on.

I would be the opposite as I want to drive the car on.

i have a classic impreza as a daily driver? gets plenty of driving
another 2 in shed that get drove the odd time

id rather engine issues , if a car is rusty, its always going to be rusty , u cant leave it back looking factory underneath , rust always comes back, mayby on a back arch , but still never right

Back