Type r

Very hard to find any 17 year old car now that doesn't need work. ????Let alone a performance car . But yes lots of Hige prices being asked for 20 year old cars . Some are worth it some are not . :thumbsup:

Very hard find a sti in general, there's a Ra v limited in Galway looking at that on Friday so hopefully it's a bit cleaner

that the blue 4dr 2000 ra?

i always thought they made much less than 12k ?

There was a blue limited type r up for sale in Donegal a few days ago at a healthy 15595,it's marked as sold now.Prices seem to be climbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue version 5 or 6 limited type r making that money all day if mint
big demand for them
the prices of them in the uk at the minute is crazy!

Most are not mint And lads are still looking for top money for them . For top money would have to be clean with proof of a recent rebuild and mapped then it's worth top money

One in cork was painted in a few places and a few dints also a few small holes in the seat and needs vrt

Most are not mint And lads are still looking for top money for them . For top money would have to be clean with proof of a recent rebuild and mapped then it's worth top money

bodywork is hardest part to get right on a type r
never got the rebuild thing , lads have said it to me when selling fresh imports
if they were minded they will go forever
mapping is expensive but wouldnt put me off a fresh import
if the car is standard and not drove hard its not essential

very few mint type r available either here or in japan
they are a great investment now that 22b are lotto numbers

god i remember the first type r limited i bought in 2010
nct and all, real good car - 4500 lol

never got the rebuild thing , lads have said it to me when selling fresh imports

Fair point but an unknown 17 year old sports car with unknown history with 100/140k klm and paying 10/15k is a recipe for disaster in my book with out and engine rebuild
what's it worth with a blown engine 7/8k . Engine build 3/5k .

really depends on the car I guess but yes I agree bodywork first everything is a bolt on part :thumbsup:

At this point in time for 9k for a V5 or v6 Type r.. my main concern would be underside condition and previous crash damage... if you get a good clean straight car.. you always have a good start off point... but if you buy a mint looking painted up wreck you will never make anything out of it... that's my 2 pence worth... clean underbody and straight shell.

Oil pressure relief valves are dodge from factory and are a known flaw hence why 90% of standard classic sti's will have bottom end trouble at some point in their life

only lads i ever saw blow imprezas were lads that drove them like vtec civics or cars were shitters or big boost with no remap

there is exceptions to the rule and milage on imports in generally incorrect so hard tell for sure
all depends on who had it before you i suppose

Back