Boost gauge wiring - Dimming function

enda

I got a prosport boost gauge that varies illumination with headlights (high / low)

Now I had planned to pin into the clock harness but this doesnt seem to work, and looked loads on the internet but its all american and wondering if they are different.

What colour wires have ye spliced into on the radio harness to have the varying brightness (day/night)

Car: 2003 JDM STi

This is the wires I have

Attachments

• how-to-install-DEFI-advance-gauges3.jpg
    how-to-install-DEFI-advance-gauges3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 58
The clock wiring has the illumination wire.

If put a volt meter on it will have 12v with lights on. 0v when off.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The clock wiring has the illumination wire.

If put a volt meter on it will have 12v with lights on. 0v when off.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Ive just found out the prosport gauge doesnt have a dimming function ... ah well..

The Defi's turn dimmer when the main beam is on allowing your eyes to adjust at night or sunset.

The Defi's turn dimmer when the main beam is on allowing your eyes to adjust at night or sunset.

I know but I have this gauge now..not worth spending 3 times the price on a defi IMO + they illuminate green (genome gauges, dont want 60mm gauges) ive a JDM with red dials

I know but I have this gauge now..not worth spending 3 times the price on a defi IMO + they illuminate green (genome gauges, dont want 60mm gauges) ive a JDM with red dials

Have a defi there if you want it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say it's bigger than 52mm not sure, it can be red or a couple of other colours depending what way you wire it. Text me on 0857302842 and I'll send you video of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back