New member from the wesht

gibbonssm555

Hi lads and lasses. New face here from the holy land.
Been a Subaru fan all my life. I'm currently testing the waters and looking for a nice little WRX for myself. I have money there to buy but i'm hoping someone here could shed some light on the minefield that is insurance. I'm currently insuring a jeep commercially with FBD for farm work and i'm looking at buying something like a passat for a daily driver.
Does anybody know how I could possibly get a scoob on the road when i'm already looking at insuring these 2 all year round? (trade insurance/NCD mirroring etc) Any help would be greatly appreciated :D.
Also, I'f anyone has a nice little WRX for sale could ye let me know?

Thanks and regards,
Stephen.

Welcome to the site firstly.

Secondly a few things to consider. Your age when trying to insure one. The age of the car itself. No claims, driving experience all that jazz. If you already have the Jeep I think you can drive as third party extension but the car would have to be in someone elses name for you to drive and not a spouse. Basically that means you can drive it and it will be your car but will be in someone elses name.
If you are trying to insure three vehicles I can't see why they wouldn't do a deal with you. Garage or trade insurance will let you drive most things depending on the insurer but will pay alot for that privilege.

Hi and welcome,

If car is older than 15 yrs try autoline in Newry for classic insurance which is what I have, have to be over 25 with another car as daily , mileage capped at 5k a year, I have full comp with all.mods declared for 330 Euro????

Hi Jay, Thanks for your input.

Im 25 (26 in November), 5 years no claims, no accidents in the last 5 years etc. Car hasnt been bought yet and I dont really mind what age it is as long as its a well cared for car. I know if I have a car policy with AXA they let you take out a classic car insurance policy once the car is 20 years old instead of 25, which would mean i could buy a 97 or older. But I dont know if they would insure a WRX under classic. The ways it is now ill be paying close to 2k to insure a jeep and car so trade insurance might not look like bad value after all. All this over 1 car...

Hi and welcome,

If car is older than 15 yrs try autoline in Newry for classic insurance which is what I have, have to be over 25 with another car as daily , mileage capped at 5k a year, I have full comp with all.mods declared for 330 Euro????

Hi Pedro555. Thanks a million for this. That would bring me up to a nice bug or early blob :D

Welcome along :thumbsup: trade insurance is the way to go . As for cars there's a very nice blue bug wrx in Sligo looks very very well :thumbsup:

Hi Pedro555. Thanks a million for this. That would bring me up to a nice bug or early blob :D

Your welcome and in theory yes but I have heard they won't take on anything post 2000 on classic insurance in the south, best bet to ring them, say your in car club, isdc for example (sign up as full member) and that car is for weekend use only????

Welcome to the club. When buying please don't get car struck and buy the first one you see. I nearly jumped on one but decided not to go for it in the end and an excellent example came up at the right price so I took that instead.

Welcome along :thumbsup: trade insurance is the way to go . As for cars there's a very nice blue bug wrx in Sligo looks very very well :thumbsup:

Hi Scoobysub, thanks for your input.
I would be interested in taking out trade insurance if it made the most sense but i tried campion before and they werent interested. What criteria do you have to fit to get trade insurance and are there many companies offering it? I like the bugs alright.
Thanks,
Stephen.

Your welcome and in theory yes but I have heard they won't take on anything post 2000 on classic insurance in the south, best bet to ring them, say your in car club, isdc for example (sign up as full member) and that car is for weekend use only????

Thanks again Pedro. Thats a bit of a pain but it is what it is. It really only would be for weekend use. I wonder would they make an exception if I checked would they insure both cars with them (daily and scoob). I'll definitely be giving them a call though.
Thanks,
Stephen.

Welcome to the club. When buying please don't get car struck and buy the first one you see. I nearly jumped on one but decided not to go for it in the end and an excellent example came up at the right price so I took that instead.

Hi Sheriff. Thanks for the advice.
The plan is to buy once and buy right but I have a tendency to impulse buy :facepalm:

I'll be in no rush however.
thanks,
Stephen.

Welcome along to isdc best of luck [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back