Cosworth bits

tractorman

In the real world, if any, what difference would cosworth Cams and heads make on a scooby 2.5 ?
Not a huge amount online.

Like the rcm stuff twice the price for a fancy box ....shop around do your homework as John said some of it is re-branded.

Can't be that much of an upgrade over factory jdm Sti heads but unless you ran both options it's hard to say apart from on paper , which we all know on paper is worth nothing .

Very hard to beat Subaru factory Sti spec

Be a waste of money unless your going for big power and going to go through the whole engine .

What are you hoping to achieve over the factory heads?

Luckily enough the engine already has them fitted, not sure how it would improve the drive/performance over
standard.
Not sure if they are a bit over kill.

Better response etc and nice in the knowledge that if you wanted to run more boost/meth etc in the future, you've a nice platform to build on to.

Sorry What I mean is , haven't the phase 1 2.5 u.s.a blocks and phase 2 cosworth 2.5 blocks Being giving trouble for a while now , I would be Carefull pushing power to that level . 380-400 Bhp is savage power in a road car but that's just me :clap:
But I'd take a 300- 350bhp engine that would last 60/100000 klm over an engine runing 380-400 for 20/30000 klm.
But I guess if it's able For it go for it :thumbsup: engine builder and mapper would advise as they have seen it all before :thumbsup:

If all the 2.5 issues are addressed can't see longevity being an issue at 380-400 with a good map and maintenance

Back