Need some informal advice...

ZA_B4

Sunday Drivers
Hi guys(and gals) the missus has finally managed to get her driver's license sorted and is also finally thinking about buying a car, like me she agrees it must be Japanese, it must be practical an must be smaller than a 2 ltr, for tax an running costs. I also suggested something utilitarian and thought of the Impreza sportwagon 1.5 or 1.6 manual, it needs to be clean and looked after/ well maintained she also likes the Rav 4 1.8.
My preference is the Impreza though, I'm thinking a budget around 3000 with about 1K for some wheels and suspension to make it look "sporty" [emoji12] .
Because I know how much you guys love your Scooby's I thought I would some feelers out here and see if what I'm looking for is achievable or not, and if any advice of what I need to look out for.
The missus has also shown interest in the '07/'08 Impreza hatch.
Oh and she like the WRC blue or a nice Red I'm also open to any other recommendations.

Any way thanks guys.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

check insurance first fella.

a lot of insurance companies won't touch new driver on any type of Subaru

check insurance first fella.

a lot of insurance companies won't touch new driver on any type of Subaru
No problem Tommy, she's had her license for longer than I have mate.
My neighbour does our insurance [emoji6]
She's just never needed a car till now... We might be moving to an area where public transportation is not as readily available.

Last edited:
Haha I suggested those too, but she says those are students cars [emoji23]

If me I'd be pushing for impreza hatch. 1.5 petrol. Cheap to run, cheap tax, economical and you could always STI rep it lol
But that's my missus, she likes a modern looking car and has to be hatchback.

Swift a seriously fun car????

e5aa06bae35b4637f980b3c54367c59a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Swift a seriously fun car????

e5aa06bae35b4637f980b3c54367c59a.jpg

Totally agree Ciaran but reckon she's leaning towards the 1.5 Impreza, as previously mentioned. But will bring it up again

Differnt cars

Shur why not another Subaru always a good thing????

hey Ryan,

from experience stay far far away from the 1.5 or 1.6 sportwagon, they are dreadful to drive, and parts are somewhat tricky as well, horrible on fuel, and really not worth the very high insurance they do fall under as an impreza,

the suzuki ciaran have is an amazing car man, the mazda demio from 2007 the 1.4 vvti is a great car as well and cheap to insure

I love the Ignis Sport too if I had room I'd have one too

Love the Rally Connection too

940cde6d4705cba9c92fe7aaa6898a54.jpg
db97a576e730fe66b847e600109662c8.jpg
619c904693b7546b8fd249ea9ad0188a.jpg

I am selling a 2004 Mazda 3 in great Nick in case you have any interest, it is my brothers girlfriends car, has current NCT, four new tyres, New drop links etc for 1250 euro, honestly drives like a new car.

It's on donedeal

Attachments

• IMAG0930.jpg
    IMAG0930.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 133
  • IMAG0931.jpg
    IMAG0931.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 127
  • IMAG0932.jpg
    IMAG0932.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 127
  • IMAG0925.jpg
    IMAG0925.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 137
  • IMAG0933.jpg
    IMAG0933.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 130
If she really wants an impreza, like Zigster mentioned, she might as well get a Wrx wagon. Practical and fun. Plus it's different from the saloon wrx as it's a bit rarer to see on the roads. The tax difference is negligible considering tbh. I think she should go out and drive a few to see what she likes first, then find one within budget. Happy car shopping.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Good idea Hassen

That green one that was up was a beauty rarer still

The green one on dd is gone isn't it? It was well looked after.
The above silver one looks well and wheels/suspension bits can wait down the line. Focus on getting a clean car with little to no issues to fix first, then move on to mods. That's how I approached getting my own car and considering that running costs between the n/a and turbo cars are negligible, she might as well get a proper boxer engine experience [emoji2]

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

The one that Hassen posted there in Galway. A mate of mine owns it and it's only ever used for the school runs. His wife drives it and she had a gc8 wrx before that. Very well looked after car and sounds lovely too.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but a WRX costs too much (in her opinion) but I think the Suzuki Swift sport is growing on her I like it a lot

Back