Carefull in the Port Tunnel

Problem: The speed limit in the tunnel is 80km/h meaning that if motorists complete the 4.8km tunnel in faster than 3m 36s they have broken the speed limit and will receive a fixed charge fine from the gardaí.

Solution: Bring a stop watch :thumbsup:

when these came out in UK there was a very simple loop hole in the system .

if you changed lanes the camera wasn't able to track/figure out your speed/time through that section of speed trap as the cameras were dedicated to each lane individually and couldn't cross reference .

wonder will it be so simple to trick the tunnel cameras :pray:

Did the government give you incentive when you drive well bellow the speed limit or they just make you pay when you are over? :ponder2:

Exactly or make your insurance company give you a better rate.....we get 1000 Euro a year in work if you are accident free bit of an incentive to do well

Surly you could have a blast for some of it and just crawl the rest of it? If it's average speed

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Exactly, just have a blast the first half, then wait a bit throughout the second half, and you should be fine...

but in all honesty, I am not even little bothered by this - I have used the tunnel maybe 3x in total, one of which was accident where I took wrong turn and got to point of no return. Not gonna pay those crazy charges to go through.

That's only normal i think, don't be surprised if this will be done on the m50 or the likes at some time.

Back home we have this on some of the motorway sections between city's and u can drive in any lane won't make a difference if you come too fast at the end you will be paying a massive fine can loose licence also depending on you'r average speed

Wasn't there a clear spray you could get that blocked the plate from been read by camera

All them things used to be in the back pages of max power magazine spray,flash reflector, and a sparkling film wonder did any of them ever work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember watching one of them UK cop program's and they stopped some Lad with one, the camera in the car couldn't read the reg ...

You dont want something permanent that you can get caught with, rather something that is working on demand like those stealth frames. Press a button pass the danger area and reveal the plates again ;)

Back