718 2.5 boxer specs

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
Porsche using a boxer motor

Low Co2 too

350 Bhp 420*N·m (310*lb·ft)Manual (6)4.6 seconds (4.4)285*km/h (177*mph)184 g/km

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So 750 euro tax for a 350 bhp boxer motor

If Subaru had a a clue they would buy it from Porsche

7aea78f387b450510181b7004e068021.jpg

Last edited:
And they also have a 2.0 boxer

2.0L (1988 cc)221*kW (300*PS; 296*bhp)380*N·m (280*lb·ft)

168g/km

570 euro to tax here

Unreal

We will all have 2019 sti's haha

Decat and remap immediately will get those emissions to a more respectable figure!

570 tax on a new 300 bhp sti would be alot more acceptable than 2300 on current 2.5 shows how far behind Subaru are

Yeah the germans are a lot more focused on emission than the japs are. Prob cause they make more diesels and theres more of a focus on emissions?

Either way idiotic tax ruined subaru, i watched Moogs widebody "rexxy" yesterday and would bloody love one. But cant remortgage to tax one

It's not Subaru's fault that the Irish government are a joke.

Sure you can tax them up the north very cheap.

Subaru build there cars for the markets they can sell them in where there is cheap fuel and tax.

The UK only ever got all the limited edition cars because of prodrive .

There not going to throw millions at a new low emissions engine just for Ireland, we're they sell a hand full of cars.

Porsche are only doing it like the rest of the European car makers because the poky EU want everything to run on water

Nothing to do with irish gov Uk/North work off co2 too

And system changed there

New sti used to be 500 gbp to tax per year.

New system it will be 1700 GBP in first year to tax now

140 GBP per year after that

And on new system Golf R 800 in year 1

Subaru make dirty engines simple as that

Subarus biggest markets are Japan and the US so they will continue to cater to those. Subaru Ambassador programme is rewarding owners, which is an amazing way to sell a car. Japan has a STI Levorg already and a BRZ STI isn't far ahead. I will continue to run petrol even when there is a smog haze over this country though.

Im all for taxing fuel so I can save on tax. I was chatting to somebody in the north who owned a 2016 STI and paid 300 odd quid for tax and they thought that was insane.

Last edited:
Used to wonder was the high emissions a trait of a boxer engine but seems Porsche have proved me wrong.

Nothing to do with irish gov Uk/North work off co2 too

And system changed there

New sti used to be 500 gbp to tax per year.

New system it will be 1700 GBP in first year to tax now

140 GBP per year after that

And on new system Golf R 800 in year 1

Subaru make dirty engines simple as that

dont get me wrong, but 1700gpb first year and then 140gbp every year after is something I'd be willing to do, and its incomparable with current Irish legislation of 2500 every single year. Not even mentioning that UK cars dont have the VRT calculated on top of each new car you purchase... so yea...

Used to wonder was the high emissions a trait of a boxer engine but seems Porsche have proved me wrong.

All you need to do is ad more cats!

I will continue to run petrol even when there is a smog haze over this country though.

Your average decatted and tuned subaru is still less harmful to environment than the most economical diesel - and thats a FACT https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_exhaust

Last edited:
You sure about that last bit there was a hole in o zone forming behind your bug on way to AGM ????????????

Suspension, vehicle weight, gearbox options etc all contribute toward co2 figures. It's never solely due to the engine. Look at the conditions that need to be met to pass at that co2 level. Top Gear did it in their last series with new 4 cylinder turbo porsche engine.

Zheiko I've some bad news for you

with cats in your bug

242 g/km

And a new Golf Gtd 2.0

122g/km

????????????????????????

And you think it's really 122g From vw:Falldownlaugh: have you learned nothing in the las year :icon_grin: if it were tested properly it would be somewhere close to 190/215 and that's when new never mind when it has the dpf removed and a remap

Knew someone would say that

Fair enough.

New Astra 1.6 CDTi 16V 88g/km

????????

Back