Interior air filters

Gary sti

ISDC Club Member
Just wondering is there an interior air filter in car just turned on air conditioner and it smells like a pair of old socks any help appreciated thanks

Sound thanks I'll have a look when I get a minute should be able to get that in motor factors is it just standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup need to get one myself say it's fairly bad too

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I ment to do mine too. I heard if you get uprated JDM filter it smells like virgin gaisha :shhh:

Changing the filter might help a small bit for about a week the problem is the small condenser, it probably stinks like old socks .....it's bacteria that's growing in the pipes from turning off the air-con moisture stays in the pipes and it stinks ......you can get loads of stuff to help clean the system out ....the best I found was a long tube the you push down into the vents and spray as you pull the tube out....uts like shaving foam and it kills the bacteria and the smell.
Before turning off your AC you should turn it to hot to dry the moisture and then it won't stink like a bad fanny
Hope this helps as my 207 was stinking and the Subaru has the poverty pack no AC only a hole in the roof.
Solved the stink in the pug

Changing the filter might help a small bit for about a week the problem is the small condenser, it probably stinks like old socks .....it's bacteria that's growing in the pipes from turning off the air-con moisture stays in the pipes and it stinks ......you can get loads of stuff to help clean the system out ....the best I found was a long tube the you push down into the vents and spray as you pull the tube out....uts like shaving foam and it kills the bacteria and the smell.
Before turning off your AC you should turn it to hot to dry the moisture and then it won't stink like a bad fanny
Hope this helps as my 207 was stinking and the Subaru has the poverty pack no AC only a hole in the roof.
Solved the stink in the pug

Do u know the name of it or would I just ask for it over counter. I was only finished work today got changed and went to collect one of kids and missus says did I leave wet clothes in boot or was it me (probably was)but I had got it before but just noticed the ac was on.

Wurth do a good one but you have to out it from underneath the car. Through the drain tube but seems to last longer . Long tube will come with it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The ones like the one in the video I found crap they can stain roof lining and back of seat
The wurth one is expensive carplan one is just s.hit
Bardel not sure on spelling got good reviews but I found it to be crap.
The foam spray was the only one that worked 100% but south side stopped stocking it and I can't remember the name
Get 2 bottles and pump it into all the vents leave it sit for 12 hours and bingo jobs oxo

I shall look around this week will have a bit of time so it's foam that u spray into vents and leave it that's it no mess

That the one zero mess
The other spray type are just like air freshener the smell in the pug was back after about a week.

What year is the car Gary
My cabin filter is in behind the glove box, remove a few screws and the door of the glove box you will see a white box type thing ...front comes off filter slides out they do get dirty but best to change the whole lot in one go

What year is the car Gary
My cabin filter is in behind the glove box, remove a few screws and the door of the glove box you will see a white box type thing ...front comes off filter slides out they do get dirty but best to change the whole lot in one go

It's 2004 will have a look tomorrow evening and try and have filter in hand have a few bits to do this week have new discs and pads to go on all round so could be posting a lot more help questions. If any bother ill stick it up and I'll take a few pics too [emoji106]thanks Keith and the rest of you lads too

Is this the stuff you where talking about Keith
eaa58cbbd216dc05607bceadb10bdbb7.jpg
9a0daa854c4acfb84dde0bc9d832ce21.jpg

It's foam guy in shop said hasn't heard of any bad complaints about it. Get a lot of this when a bit of warm weather comes

It's not the same brand but should do the job
The little hose was about 3foot long on the one I got so would travel the full way into the condenser thing......how long is your hose.....????

Back