Jay wrx

keith dublin

Member Number 161Full ISDC Members 2015
Well I hooked up with Jay today to finally give him my spare splitter sound man and I had a look at his wing stiffies the quality of them is unreal fantastic job ......fair play man

Good stuff I hope to get down this weekend with head lights and bonnet [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cant beat positive feedback from an eye witness .

to stiffi or not to stiffi , that is the question :ponder:

Still have to order my gauges. But got the moulding as I said. Job is A1. He has a right good eye for detail and will make them according to how you want them.

That's what I said to him lol
It'd be cool for all the members to have this kinda custom parts thing going on and an ISDC stamp on em lol

Fair play, now who can donate a classic splitter? [emoji1]

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

If anyone has one I'll copy it. Don't worry about your paint as no damage will come to it when being moulded.

had a thought . what about a custom fit sub box that would sit inside the rear arch as such . so you get to keep your boot .

jus an idea :ponder:

I'll take a splitter for blob if your making some up thanks sure let us know jay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had a thought . what about a custom fit sub box that would sit inside the rear arch as such . so you get to keep your boot .

jus an idea :ponder:
I was looking into that when I bought my wagon but nothing was available. I just ended getting one that fits inside the spare wheel and keeps the boot space usable. It's not perfect but does the job if you're looking for a solution. A fiberglass one in the wheel arches would be class!
b537d21f8eb69e3bc2199bba33627505.jpg

Doing myself out of work here ha. Really if you were going down the sub route from years of experience doing them doing something like above in the spare wheel well is ideal and it's better to be made out of wood as the sound is much better than fibreglass. That's a very tidy job in the picture and you won't have a hollow base sound from it because it's not fibreglass.

Doing myself out of work here ha. Really if you were going down the sub route from years of experience doing them doing something like above in the spare wheel well is ideal and it's better to be made out of wood as the sound is much better than fibreglass. That's a very tidy job in the picture and you won't have a hollow base sound from it because it's not fibreglass.
Wished you were around back then coz I probably would have preferred the fiberglass solution as there's nothing blocking the subwoofer then.

I can't take credit for the box as I bought it online. Same company made the one for my Focus and it's made out of mdf covered with carpet. It's a solid and heavy thing which didn't cost too much. It also matched the volume for that particular JL Audio subwoofer. So far it has been a fit and forget solution.

What I would do is is leave a small bit of MDF behind the fibreglass at least that way you are taking out the hollowness but have the sleek kind of look.

What I would do is is leave a small bit of MDF behind the fibreglass at least that way you are taking out the hollowness but have the sleek kind of look.
I think that would look seriously awesome with a lot less weight. My issue currently is that I'm losing bass frequency and volume with the floor cover on top of the subwoofer. I might have to pick your brains about that [emoji6]

Back