Dirt 4

Notorious

Petrolheads
So, how many of you pre-ordered or are planning to buy after release date?

I bought it little a month ago. Can't wait.

On PC.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

latest sh*t shown by certain game developers taught me, NEVER EVER preorder. I will wait for release, watch some streamers, youtubers to make some videos about it and then decide.

Wich game developers? I know yiu can trust Codies, too much work put in to it for it to be bad

Wich game developers? I know yiu can trust Codies, too much work put in to it for it to be bad

No, u cant, and thats the problem, dirt 3 was celebrated as return to rally, and how it ended, sure it had a rally in there, but was bad game overall. While dirt rally was absolute amazeballs, now that they are aiming dirt4 to wider audiences, I am afraid there will be a lot of cutting corners... will stay sceptic untill it releases. At least I might be positivelly surprised... or not

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That's very true. I tend to have this approach to things too.
Knowing that they will keep all tje good from DRally and improve some bits I don't really care about the part of the game for arcade drivers. They claim it's well separated.
Time will show hey? Only 3 weeks left if not less

Reading some reviews online and very mixed reports from people.
Likes of: game looks worse, gravel is too gripy, it is hard to impossible to initiate controlled slide, the so called "infinite track" is quickly becoming a stretch of 200m track repeated in variations and details aren't great. All that and more...

I myself will judge only after playing at least 10 hours, to form an opinion. Hope it will be smooth ride.

Played yesterday for like an hour... it isnt easy to initiate slide... but realistically, it isnt easy to initiate slide irl too, you need to convince the car a bit. But driving fwd car on tarmac is really really weird, as the frontend is being bungeeed back and there is no way of countersteering.. will need to spend some more time with it. Graphics looks meh. Feels step back, but also road and gravel looks a tad bit more detailed than in DR (which is hard to spot on youtube due to codecs). Didnt have chance trying the random track, but its somewhat I expected. Its not like the technologiy could create and generate never before seen parts of track.

I have neither game, but have played both, not the latest tho. In my opinion, id go for FIA 4. Dirt has a big comeback to do apparently.
Like the whole FIFA/PES debate lol

https://youtu.be/aN0mwtv-kUc

Seen that review, I cant agree with him on this one. Its still tons of fun game, faaar from arcade, just different from DR. And deffo isnt easy as the chap claims. I finished in top rank on yesterdays daily, but the game isnt easy. Pick some older cars, highest ai dificulty and no restarts, and its heaps dificult

I'm loving it too. I really enjoyed playing the DirtFish school while the game installed. I heard some helpful techniques to get around the tricky hairpins and how to deal with FEW understeer.

Atm I have huge issues with so called rubberbanding or stuttering and it's not caused by graphics - as it turns out.
Read Steam forums and there are numerous people reporting same. They reckon it's USB related, depending on peripheral you have connected. I'm basically not playing any competitive races (except Hyunday r5 online).

I hope they find solution in next few weeks... Otherwise I'll have to try and play with mouse or/and keyboard.

Zheiko, how is your ffb set in the game, all defaults?

The same is happening to me on the Xbox one. The game will flash and jump only on stages not on any menus just when driving the actual car.

Bumpy launch for them, but I really believe they will address issues quick. Just remember how quickly they were fixing and adding stuff to D Rally.

Atm I have huge issues with so called rubberbanding or stuttering and it's not caused by graphics - as it turns out.
Read Steam forums and there are numerous people reporting same. They reckon it's USB related, depending on peripheral you have connected. I'm basically not playing any competitive races (except Hyunday r5 online).

I hope they find solution in next few weeks... Otherwise I'll have to try and play with mouse or/and keyboard.

Zheiko, how is your ffb set in the game, all defaults?

Thankfully no issues for me whatsoever.

Ffb I have it a but lighter than original setup, as my wheel is fairly strong.

There is a lad who claims that ffb settings are buggered. He posted a guide how to set ffb in game for best experience.

I'm yet to try it, but for me it's good even now with how it is default. Just made it less strong due to noise my wheel makes when I "fight" it. don't want to wake my kids up :D

Back