Vrt

that's cool and could live with tax. youll loose money cause of normal depreciation but worth it.
kens bluue sti passwd me yesterday, looked awesome

buy it

Roulette game really. I wouldn't be importing it unless you could get a statistical code from them with confirmation of how they'll be considering its Co2 class.

I got caught out even with code and print out in hand if he had of tripped over over more sh*t that came out of his mouth didn't have an answer but as to say it is only a guide line. They wanted a good bit more I think about €1200 on a 08 mondeo diesel I had to appeal it revenue guy was sound and agreed with me but still had to pay about half the over priced 1200 hard lessons 3 trips to nct centre. But on another note all the uk cars that are in garages they don't pay vrt until sold so they must have exact amount otherwise they would loose out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vrt It's a mine field :icon_evil:

On another note if you brought in a 2013/2014 2.5 Sti with the engine gone and put a 2.0 back in and got it all done legally stamped and all what would the road tax be ??

Once it's done legal and proper it goes back to cheap tax but as far as I know you have to have a registered garage do the work as if you arrive with it done yourself they won't stamp to confirm its hat the smaller engine.......and I can only imagine what Subaru dealer would charge for this

I remember talking to a Lad that got his m3 converted back to a 2lt ...wink wink job done in a back lane garage ...year and a half later revenue knocked on the door took the car fines and back tax were so much he walked away from a beautiful 05 m3 ...it's still down the docks in the revenue impound

I remember talking to a Lad that got his m3 converted back to a 2lt ...wink wink job done in a back lane garage ...year and a half later revenue knocked on the door took the car fines and back tax were so much he walked away from a beautiful 05 m3 ...it's still down the docks in the revenue impound

I know someone who had the same happen with his 350z. You're looking for trouble.

Also remember Robbie having the Spec C seized by the Gardai because they were trying to say it was a 2.5!

Loads of stories but very little definitive answers from anywhere even revenue or ncts whole system is a mess .

I hope he has a spare key,be hard seeing your car sitting there.
Can't understand the way they operate the vrt system,it's a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been honest joe, say your looking at a lot of €€€€€ to get what ya want

If going with latest shape scoob,should ask the chap who has the newest Impreza for details regarding c02 brand

That's a Sti uk 2.5 paddy and the tax is 2380 per year which is what I'm trying to avoid as I won't pay it

Loads of stories but very little definitive answers from anywhere even revenue or ncts whole system is a mess .

It's been a good few years but I got a chassis number once and called someone who gave me a vrt quote (-before nct days I think). Didn't proceed with that in the end So don't know if it would have changed. but There should be away of confirming in advance what you'd be paying
'
My 08 sti was registered after 1 July 2008, fellah I bought from assured me it was lower tax, was sh888ng it until actually paid the lower amount. apparently Subaru taxed 6 of them when they were in transit

Last edited:
Ye back in the day you could get a stat code from revenue or roslare if revenue didn't know and bring it to your center and they would go by that and was valid for 6-10 days . All new now having a chat with a garage man this evening so will have more info on a fixed vrt price .
cheers for all the info lads :thumbsup:

Back