Motorsport Ireland Insurance Fund

toyscrota

4 doors are better than 2 doors
ISDC Club Member
Hi all please see below. I've copied and pasted an email I've sent out to ask you to spare €20 to support Motorsport Ireland run events around the country almost all of which are free to view! The insurance is gone crazy this year and entries are down on all events which is leading to MSI to pay greater excess to let events run.

Motorsport Ireland, Ireland’s motorsport governing body, along with its affiliated clubs are asking for you to lend your support to fundraise towards the crippling insurances costs we have faced this year across all discipline of motorsport particularly rallying (which most of you know I compete regularly in). Motorsport in Ireland often goes unnoticed in mainstream media and the economic and social impact it has on parts of the country where events take place is often overlooked.
Events take place in all 26 counties under Motorsport Ireland’s insurance and events are ran in towns and areas where they do not have any other large scale sporting events, definitely not outside of GAA anyway.
Some national series events can bring upwards of €1m in economic spend to regional towns like Nenagh and Ennis to Clonmel, Tralee and Newcastle West which all hold national rallies.
Larger events like the Donegal International and Killarney Rally of The Lakes can bring the multiple of millions every year to both counties.
It is also contributes to thousands of jobs through network of suppliers who supply events with safety equipment, tyres, preparation of cars etc.

So what I am asking for is if possible you could purchase a sticker by clicking on the link below to show your support to keep the sport alive. Each sticker is €20 plus €1 postage.
It’s a relatively small community involved in it compared to other sporting organisations so any support it greatly appreciated.

http://www.motorsportireland.com/buy-support-sticker.html

Any queries please ask. Would be grateful to pass on this message to anybody you think would interested in contributing.
Thanks,
James

Sticker came today

Attachments

• IMG_20170523_185329.jpg
    IMG_20170523_185329.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 54
Fair play johnny!

They have been fairly overwhelmed with the support shown!

Big meeting in Athlone tonight about it unfortunately unable to make it but will have some news on it tomorrow hopefully.

Maybe this could be posted on the club facebook page to reach a wider audience

I just bought one btw ????

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Seems there is no concrete plan on the current insurance issue from what I am hearing from meeting the other night.
Apparently there are four more interested insurance companies so that might lead to more competitive pricing.
They have sold 3500 of the stickers so that's very positive but if you can help get a few more than please do!
€1.3m is due next year for insurance again so we need all the money we can get!

43a164a828eb6e6cca2f3a8a6edbce9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back