looking for upgrade turbo for my v4 , whats best?

sc86

looking for slighly bigger turbo for my version 4
its got a vf24 at the minute
not looking big laggy turbo as im not chase big power

any advice for turbo from later versions that bolt straight on?

Looked at going this route too last year with my v4 type r, it also has VF 24, I have to say I'm glad I didn't , I'm really happy with power and it's delivery after engine rebuild and the mapping by aonghus, it goes like the clappers, circa 300 bhp is seriously fast in a classic imo and the VF 24 is good for 320 ish

car is mapped at 300 currently but want 330 or 340
300 isnt cuttin the mustard for me!

Jus sold one a while ago, €300 notes is a decent price, make more on eBay! Usually have a little hairline crack just over the wastegate other than that there simple enough! Miss my vf35 for the low down grunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was going to say 18g as Dave said ....had a new 20g there I was going to fit on the wr1 what would that be line on a classic and mapped......

Why 18g not 16g for example?
I thought you always need the smallest turbo for the requirements?
Would 16g not be enough for 330/340 and being smaller give better spool?
Its a question rather than opinion :54:

Well if we take scoobyclinics turbos for example. sc36 is rated for 360 but they have also print out making over 370. Would this not be enough with head room for his target? Would not smaller 16g spool better than 18g? For his target he would be near the limit of the gearbox so he would never use the full potential of 18g? Or is it the difference between those two so insignificant?

Forget bout UK numbers to here as the coal we get you can knock figures back by 40 to 50 bhp

Pure muck and it's not getting better getting worse lower Ron.

I would have thought sane 16g for less lag 20 g more but more power up in revs

Vf35 myself for years very happy with it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

VF34 is the best of the VF line for classic 2.0L

More top end by far than the 24/28/29/35... top end probably similar or slightly better than a 22 or 23.

Very little loss on the low end when compared to the 24/28/29/35 because it is a proper ball bearing design, so still early spool.
(what is loses on bigger exhaust housing it gains on the better bearings, so good low end, mid and high end on a 2.0)

Drove, and nearly bought, a 4dr STI v6 with a vf34 on it and remap... it was proper fast - better than my Hawk.

There will be hybrids out there that are even better again I am sure... but above was on off the shelf IHI OEM range.

Back