Runwayclub Event Weston Airport August 13th 2017

Yeah no problem Adrian, I think one or two lads are bringing rally cars also[emoji106], let me know if interested and we will arrange discount[emoji106]

Definitely interested sounds like good fun man[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive entered, can i get 10% discount as a member?

Absolutely, pre register online in website, all info on website, provide your ISDC username to avail of discount, no monies been taken as yet so just register at this point,????

I have to say I think the price is not bad, one it keeps the sh*t out :) two you get a lunch and I imagine it will be a really good lunch. Three you get to drag race your car done a long strip. If it is a sunny day it will be a good day. Plus the rolling start Im happy with as Im not crazy about hard pulls from start. I love my car to much & bank account :lol2:

I have to say I think the price is not bad, one it keeps the sh*t out :) two you get a lunch and I imagine it will be a really good lunch. Three you get to drag race your car done a long strip. If it is a sunny day it will be a good day. Plus the rolling start Im happy with as Im not crazy about hard pulls from start. I love my car to much & bank account :lol2:

Yeah a load of hard launches and you can add a grand for a new clutch onto the entry price! Rolling start has me more tempted now......

from what i see there is a morning session that has stand still and then rolling session. But its a km long so even if you pull off like you would from the lights the car with the more power Id say will still catch up.

Event Overview For Competitors
Undertake timed & maximum speed, Vmax runs, down the 1km+ runway zone
Undertake rolling 50kmh to 1050m Vmax runs
Safe 500m braking zone

Last edited:

Thanks Steve,

Rolling starts or standstill starts if you want. loads of braking area at end of 1.6 km runway enough of room for a plane to stop -'grudge matches' will also be facilitated if requested like evo v impreza scenario if both parties want it.

The website answers most questions and explains all but if anyone wants any clarification give me.a PM ��

Last edited:
sounds like a fun day and deffo considering it .

50 for a spectator is a bit much imo ,1 passo should be free once accopanying a paying entrant .

If it's 50 for a spectator. It's Def a one off event. You won't get it in this country.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

50 for a spectator is pure genius.

keeps sh1t heads in shi7 box's away .

few of us thinking of heading along from work :thumbsup:

Ok, just to clear up some ambiguity surrounding spectators.

The 50 Euro is for guests with full access to drivers lounge, hospitality package and all day passenger laps in any car they can get into.

General admission is being launched at 30 euro on Friday 19th for a limited 500 spectators. This does not include food but there will be top class catering trucks serving general spectators.

Passenger laps in support of Laura Lynn children's hospice are available to general spectators at 10 euro each.

Tickets for general spectators will be available through eventbright next Friday.

Cheers

First of all. Fair play for organising

Secondly i did not know was isdc family related.

I got a call about this event. Assuming for organiser.

My super chance to put 2 cars of my choice on display.

Lets keep in mind prior. Everyone who displays is basically making the show. Like japfest.

So in this case could have some cream of crop cars. SLR's. McClarens, GT3's etc.

The cars displayed make the static aspect of event.

I asked price for this.

€1230.00 to display to cars was the charge. WTF

One thousand two hundred and thirty euros for to display 2 cars.

Again remind ourselves a huge part of the show is static display. Lets think of the terenure car show and the level and varied makes and models we see.

Then refer to above entrance fee.

I am sorry.

But this sounds full on greed

Madness.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The purpose of this thread is to promote event for my brother and offer 10% discount to ISDC members as we are both subaru fans. It's not to discuss the business model.

Thanks.

sure its a touch expensive of an event @350 ,and as above will attract a more serious client , but i ask myself , when was the last time or next time you get to use your car on a airfield runway .

The purpose of this thread is to promote event for my brother and offer 10% discount to ISDC members as we are both subaru fans. It's not to discuss the business model.

Thanks.
That is not a model friendly to trade or personal

So yes if you started the thread

Expect good and bad comments..

Same as all of us.

With the price 10% is a joke.

And i will resay. The price from entrance. And the crazy figure i said above

Id to avoid re greed.

I am the first man to say get paid for your time. And will stick to it

But this is full on greed.

The chap actually took 1 minute to tell me the asking price for display. I can only imagine re being so ashamed to do so.

sure its a touch expensive of an event @350 ,and as above will attract a more serious client , but i ask myself , when was the last time or next time you get to use your car on a airfield runway .
https://www.facebook.com/events/1704187886548022/?ti=as
eb665acc721e8aa86c3ef24cf12a916f.jpg

entry to one dave posted is €10 so quite a difference compared to €350 :shock2: to what seems a similar event .
mian difference i see being clientel

the drag lights setup intimidate's me , while the softer launch and max speed run dangle's a juicer carrot imo , but the cost is a major factor

hmmmmm

Have been At the enniskillen one few years ago was a great event as well.

2 different events though. Enniskillen will be mainly jap impreza , evo, Honda's, cosworths. Not as many exotics as will be at this event

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back