mileage guess ?

280km from fill to light on? That can't be right surely?

He's only having us on why didn't he put fuel gauge in pic. Or you forgot to put filler cap back on mac mac your defo yanking our chain. My 1989 vw golf 1.4 average 160-180 miles per tank now that was bad and juice was only 75 pence

No joke . Im afraid
283 KM from €69.34 of maxol . Fully necked ,wouldnt take a drop more until petrol light on .
Mostly short journeys ,5km ish . No hard driving .
Dissapointed as was expecting 320 ish .
Best thing I think is to do it again to confirm .

Sorry [emoji52] I thought u where defo having us on my god you should do better on long motor ways I know I went from limerick to Dublin on just over half a tank you should see what some of other bugs are averaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am afraid to open can of worms here but often I am doing around 600 before light come up.
Keep in mind, non turbo, automatic, not often going above 120km/h
But other weekend I was driving to Lisburn in NI went there and back, did 500km and had quarter of tank left after I was back home.
Max which I did was 680km and filled it with 56litres at station.

My STI v3 would get 30mpg on average driving - but always longer journeys of 62km each way to work. If pressured would still see around 25-27 mpg... but again... longer journeys only. Never drove her for consistently short journeys.

Given my experience with that car... which was tuned for RON98 and running a Motec M800 ECU and about 300bhp... you should surely be able to get near that on longer journeys. You have mods and bigger injectors, but they are not huge... must be either the map is way rich, or just the consistent short journeys doesn't give the car a chance to get to temperature and hence running rich all the time as "cold" most of the run-time.

:dontknow:

280km from fill to light on? That can't be right surely?

281km for me, from fill to orange light on.
So I imagine I have 40km in reserve so 320km all in.

Now that's lots of small journey to work 4km's and very odd bit out the motorway.

I didn't do any calculation the last ring trip.
And wont be doing this time.
Smiles per miles. ????

Lad I bought mine off said he average 30 mpg handy. Have yet to get 20 myself but not complaining be lucky if I done 300 miles a month need to get more time to get out and about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8082e80c74926595e1d87a352dd9393d.jpg

Mine ain't doing to good either shouldn't of opened my mouth that's a bit of a run through the hills from two weeks ago

Mine ain't doing to good either shouldn't of opened my mouth that's a bit of a run through the hills from two weeks ago
Haha, but think about it, you have at least 50 miles to the yellow led there, and that will give you another 35miles on top. So, I think youd do 220-230miles on that tank, thats not bad. Subarua has this weird thing, that first 40 miles the needle wont move at all, then it goes fairly slowly, as soon as it passes second line, it dissapears rather quickly ad when you are nearly empty, it will slow down drastically again

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm gonna have to test this next fill.
I reckon I'm getting good enough mileage, could be surprised lol

currently halfway through second test . this time im driving normal daily , not looking forward to result

first test was €69 brought back 283 km ,

second test €75 (light on for a while so took extra to fill) 270km

so im thinkin fairly consistant mileage , but should be more .............

so currently light is on , am goin to fill her up later , and have the agm spin tomorrow so some spirited and some motor way to see if much difference .

897fab3ec990eda7aa50631551fcaaec.jpg

That's about all she's got say if I ran it to nothing about 230miles tops good little excise

Mac Mac

Why not try and fill it up on a cooler evening,fuel is more dense when colder conditions
More bang for your buck

Currently getting 370/80 in the RS no bother and that includes city driving

well paddy , i dont think temp would make that much of a difference but im open to correction ....

so test 3 €73 to fill ,morning of the agm , so drove 60km ish to meet lads in spawell , cruising . then spin down to the agm and motorway spin home i was curious to see being in "isdc convoy" how i would get on .

highly surprised was the outcome,,, 334 km when the light came on earlier today . so driving it harder for longer with a lil bit of my auntie-slag seems to get you further down the road

shocked tbh :eek7: ,as was expecting 30kms less than first two tests (283km) but in fact got 50 ish more.

Back