interchangable parts?

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Howdy.
Just wondering are there any aftermarket parts that swap from impreza classic or newage to legacy 01?
I know exhaust systems and stuff won't because of length etc.
But what about strut bars, cooling plates, springs/coil overs etc.

Be handy to know as there is a lot more postings for used aftermarket parts for the impreza lol

I've searched on legacy gt and sl-I but info is a bit scattered with most beige for the older legacy

Hard to find the information really.
Even those links are kinda.. try this and maybe haha ????

Cheers tho I will have a bit more of a search there on that second site, never checked there lol

Has anyone actually used or seen?

I was originally wondering about ANY aftermarket parts. Strut bars, silencers, cone/panel filters etc.
Moving on from aftermarket it would also be handy to about stuff like MAF, Lambda, O2 sensors etc.
Just a good list to be able to cross reference uno?
Makes it very hard trying to order parts online as legacy are all JDM, where as you could have an Irish WRX and parts would be listed on micksgarage, mister auto etc..

I was originally wondering about ANY aftermarket parts. Strut bars, silencers, cone/panel filters etc.
Moving on from aftermarket it would also be handy to about stuff like MAF, Lambda, O2 sensors etc.
Just a good list to be able to cross reference uno?
Makes it very hard trying to order parts online as legacy are all JDM, where as you could have an Irish WRX and parts would be listed on micksgarage, mister auto etc..

^^^^ What he said ^^^^ :D

When I had my b4 years ago I was able to fit an induction kit for a v5 sti impreza.

That's the only part I tried to interchange, everything else was for a b4

I have one from an older legacy and the brackets were different lol

Lot of info there alright, I think I read before that the bottom block in b4 is the save as v5 sti I think?

During the time i was investigating the Legacy B4 platform leading up to where i actually committed to buying one i read somewhere that one of the STi gearboxes was also compatible with the the BE5 legacy's allowing for a 6 speed box, I just can't remember where i read it nor do i know if this is true or not, but considering that the BE5 engine shares a lot of design elements of the STi engine it seems plausible, perhaps one of our Mechanically inclined can verify this?

If it is true then it may be something to invest in as i've always found the gearbox in the B4 to be its weak link especially in traffic... I've always felt the car needed an extra gear for those that prefer manuals, I think even the auto would be the nicer of the 2 only because it would have been much nicer in traffic and less torture on the clutch. (just my humble opinion)

mine is an auto so i have never noticed lol
but a 6 speed box has opened my eyes LOL:ponder2:

Well there is a legacy with 6speed factory box s402 so l recon its not a mission impossible. Also a fellow that was on here even as a chairman rob aka sweetcake before owning Keith's spec C had black legacy with 6 speed convertion. The older members could remember who did it for him. Perhaps Dave?
On its own as a mode probably not very smart as it will cost more to buy and fit than the value of the legacy (sory lads) but then again 6speed are always on demand and you can always get your money back on them

Yeah sure the STI version of the BE5 (S401) has 6 speed box too, as well as shortened VOD, Brembos, BBS, bigger bonnet vent, STI clocks and interior.. but everything off that costs a fortune, 290 made only. But you'd get a 6 speed from impreza cheaper I reckon

But then I'd really like to know which Box is used then because a 6speed manual would be the Dogs dangly bits :icon_grin:

I've thought about doing a full swap (briefly I may add)
But I couldn't justify swapping all the stuff from an STI when for the price of it you'd buy an STI in good nick.

Then there's another side to the coin, get STI engine & transmission, rebuild both professionally, rebuild car from ground up, bearings, shocks, bushes, links etc.. full respray.
Then your left with practically a brand new car with zero mileage for what, 10k?
Bit we've all had those thoughts haha

Yes if you want to be unique and have the money. But you wont see those money unless you brake the car. And 10k will get you a widetrack blob who has all those bits factory fitted.

I know, if I had the money, I mean a stupid amount of money where ya don't care about it lol I'd buy an S401 legacy, send it to Subaru, and get it all done properly under warranty. Then it really would be new, and in better condition that most 5 year old cars haha

We can all dream lol

Attachments

• S401-exhibition (1) (1).jpg
    S401-exhibition (1) (1).jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 42
If money no object l will have all jap S cars including impreza and legacy l would even buy s201 for the crack.
:shhh:
Even tommykaira has few limited editions like m20b

Back