What Underseal?

pugtk

Sunday Drivers
I need to underseal my archs on my type r.

I was thinking of using POR15 and a white top coat (white car)

Any other recommendations? I want a fresh painted finish. No schultz or similar products.

Hammerite was also recommended to me, but I cant see how it would take the punishment of a wheel arch.

There is the usual slight surface rust which can rub off by hand (archs will be rubbed down & prepped) but I want something that will prevent any oxidation underneath the product to keep my archs mint for years to come.

Check out polishnparts.ie they do dinitrol products or another product recommended to me was orwatrol supposed to be very good ????

Por15 is about the best out there if your just covering a flat area but if you need to get into small bits and stuff the orwatrol is the gear ..

Last edited:
orwatrol looks good I just ordered a lot of stuff off them I'm going to do the back Axel and the wheel arches of the pug...gets great reviews and it creeps so it finds its way in between panels the por and other stuff just covers over what you can see so you could be covering over rust inbetween panels ....orwatrol drives out moister and oxygen and drys in a clear flexible finish that can be painted over with any 2 pack or other paint.
Looks like great stuff

Had hamerite on a rally car a few years back and it out lasted everything on the car. Took gravel stages and it's easy put on too.

I used Hammerite on my arches in my Type R and other exposed areas, so far so good????,

I was originally looking at hammerite but thought it might not be the thing to use.

Maybe orwatrol first then a coat of white hammerite?

So few options,

Option1:
orwatrol
white hammerite

Option 2:
Por15
2 pac white

Option 3:
orwatrol
2 pac white

Last edited:
I was originally looking at hammerite but thought it might not be the thing to use.

Don't know enough on the subject to recommend a particular underseal but a local guy that does restoration and is anal about it recommended i use hammerite on the arches????

Definitely put some sort of rust protection before you put 2k paint on. 2k or 2 pack is only coloured lacquer. So best put some sort of protection coating on first.

Have a look at the Bilt Hamber Dynax range. Very reasonable and it comes in everything from clear spray to heavy duty stuff and also a tinned version with flex fibres to get in to awkward areas with a brush.

You need to drive out the moisture be for you paint if you paint over it it's worse
I have feratan it arrived today I'll try both on a rusty hand trolley I have to see what looks best..

You need to drive out the moisture be for you paint if you paint over it it's worse
I have feratan it arrived today I'll try both on a rusty hand trolley I have to see what looks best..

Let me know!

Another option:
Owatrol
Por 15 rust paint
Hammerite White top coat or 2k white top coat

Give Ciaran in Larkin Automotive a shout and ask what way he did his white GC8. I think he has pics up here somewhere of the finished job.

Back