Type R Brakes

pugtk

Sunday Drivers
Hi All,

I'm after new discs and pads and rear shoes/cylinders for my V4 Type R.

I can get discs and pads for the front no problem, but I can't get the rear 290 discs easily in any MF.

I have managed to source front discs/pads and rear shoes for 130. (Standard)

Now the rear discs are fine tbh, but if I got them right enough id change them.

I've been on ebay and there is a Mintex disc kit for about 300 all in with pads (about 180 for the rears alone)

Is there really any difference between oem discs and grooved ones?

I think I would prefer to use oem discs with upgraded pads (Mintex 1144).

I just bought new discs and pads from Mtec in U.K. They do a couple of different pad brands type fairly good on price too compared to some other sites and they will black coat them aswell what ever disc u pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was looking at a set of Subaru mtec ones with the black finish in ciarans today they are going on marks car look great quality and not mad money I believe.

I have freshly skimmed rear 290mm rear discs there from my v4 type r, 50 Euro for both

If u want new buy genuine from Subaru , very reasonable, 89 Euro , each if I remember correctly.one week waiting for delivery

How do ye find the brakes? I replaced all disc's and pads with ones from Godspeed and to be honest there still pretty crap!
I have Kevlar pads but did two lads in Mondello and they faded like F***!!!

Haven't driven it since but expect them to be even worse now..

How do ye find the brakes? I replaced all disc's and pads with ones from Godspeed and to be honest there still pretty crap!
I have Kevlar pads but did two lads in Mondello and they faded like F***!!!

Haven't driven it since but expect them to be even worse now..

Could be just your fluid boiling causing the fade

Back