Sump Baffle Plate

Tad

Petrolheads
Looking for baffle plate for my sump maybe somebody has one for sale?
Or knows someone where can i get it manufactured or something like that worst comes ill have to buy proper one from rcm or similar

No idea on what you drive?
But... I fitted a cosworth one to my car from day one. Blob.

Great piece of kit.
Highly recommended from me.

Still on same engine since it was born in 2004.

Sorry, classic v4 sti

Do u have the baffled sump or the plate?
Cosworth stuff is savage money i know its good quality and performance and thats what u pay for probably...

Sorry, classic v4 sti

Do u have the baffled sump or the plate?
Cosworth stuff is savage money i know its good quality and performance and thats what u pay for probably...

Sorry Tad.

I've the plate installed.
Proper baffled sump is mega money!!

Are you tracking the car? Or wanting to do circles in the middle of the cross road?

First one is a benefit..... second one, it will not help at all!!! (Over many circles)

Why do you want one? Only curious is all.. :)

Engine failure twice now and both on the roundabouts,

First time was fair enough lack of oil in engine due to leak so she stopped going around only took seconds. Only had the car few days...

Now second time after rebuild and over 1k miles of driving/runing in oil level up to max and she had done same going around this time i had gave it a bit on the wet but not too hard and got a rod knock, so thats that. Pulling engine out again and will do it slightly different this time

Thats why i need one :D

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Jasus that's bad luck man sorry to hear that
What was changed in the new engine build did you RE use any parts that you could say effected the 2 engine

Second engine failure was taking a roundabout normally or are you acting the maggot on roundabouts?

Jasus that's bad luck man sorry to hear that
What was changed in the new engine build did you RE use any parts that you could say effected the 2 engine

Reused crank from different block with new main and rod bearings, reused pistons with new rings, new headgasket etc reused oil pump, new oil cooler, head gaskets etc...
Crank was inspected dough by howards eng. Got polished to factory spec. and they said its ok to use.

Last edited:
Might not be that relevant but i got a plate welded into the sump of my celica track car. 8 days done at Mondello and all still good. Simple but effective!

Attachments

• IMAG1240.jpg
    IMAG1240.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 46
Great read indeed that might be a solution to my problem and cant be that expensive

Back