2003 STi starter motors

enda

Well mines been giving the intermittent screech the last while but getting more frequent so Gona change it.

Where is best to get a new one or reconned unit ?

Mine was doing the same before ordered one from Scoobynet breakers all good since

I'm sure Dave or someone here would have too

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mine was doing the same before ordered one from Scoobynet breakers all good since

I'm sure Dave or someone here would have too

I would have done the same but being a starter motor it would be abot of a gamble, and mines failed at 70k which I'd say most being broke are that mileage or more ...decisions, I'll see what prices I get .

Apologies mine was power steering pump that was the issue

Yea second hand no guarantee alright

Well mines been giving the intermittent screech the last while but getting more frequent so Gona change it.

Where is best to get a new one or reconned unit ?

There is a company in baldoyle ind est that rebuild starters and alternators

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep drop your own in to get redone if u don't need it got one done on BMW like new when got it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last time I got one done many moons ago for a classic the Lad on cromlsforth road had an off the shelf replacement for me ....can't remember his name he is across from the borza think I just got lucky but worth a call
Another Lad in inchicore near the black lion has good reputation

Whats peoples thoughts on spurious starter motors ?

Im kinda stuck as I need the car daily so cant get mine rebuild at they say it will take a few days turnaround, and once removed it would be a pain getting to the shop, and collecting etc..

They said they can get full replacement units for €130 +

Mine could cost anything from €50 - 200 to be rebuilt depending what is needed...

Whats peoples thoughts on spurious starter motors ?

Im kinda stuck as I need the car daily so cant get mine rebuild at they say it will take a few days turnaround, and once removed it would be a pain getting to the shop, and collecting etc..

They said they can get full replacement units for €130 +

Mine could cost anything from €50 - 200 to be rebuilt depending what is needed...

From experience they are hit and miss, usually Chinese rubbish.
Might get you out of a hole though

Back