Subaru Automatics

toyscrota

4 doors are better than 2 doors
ISDC Club Member
Anybody have any experience of the automatics?
Thinking of looking at a Forester Turbo that is auto.
Much heavier on juice?
Any issues with boxes?

One of lads at meet in airside had one he lived in arklow nice chap he might be able to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My legacy GT estate 2005 twin scroll is Auto and I loved it. Very good in auto and very good in sport/tiptronic.

Only bother it gave is it needed a speed sensor at one stage but it was cheap and easy fix.

I drive auto, and i love it, if i could I would however go for the sport triptronic like some leggys have.

I've an auto legacy twin turbo. Was a bit hesitant about buying it simply because it's auto, my god its easy driving lol.
I'd honestly say they are really not what you'd expect, also have the sport shift option as said and gives you the manual feel when you want it. I get great mileage out of this, literally no worse than a 1.8 SRI vectra petrol I had previous, which was averaging about 35mpg.... I know, crazy? Driving around towns and stuff it's a bit heavier alright but that's in every car.
If you drive easy it shifts up the first instance it can so you end up shifting to 2nd gear at like 2k rpm, rather than a manual where you tend to shift at about 4k rpm. Makes a difference, id say you'll have to get a drive in one, a good drive. At first it's just a bit weird lol
Viewed mine twice before I bought.

Also never had any bothers with the gearbox itself. Just keep an eye on the auto trans fluid. But really needs attention.
They do need about 3/4 mins drive before the sport shift works, so don't be put off by that. Gearbox just has to heat up first

The wife used to have an 02 non turbo auto foz gearbox was ok wouldn't be for me though fuel wise it was very thirsty seemed comparable to the type ra I had at the time

I think you meant me Garry STI
Have hawkeye n/a automatic and I am very happy with it. Not trip Tronic but very easy to drive. When needed, you can reduce gears and push it on revs. Have a sport mode as well.

I think you meant me Garry STI
Have hawkeye n/a automatic and I am very happy with it. Not trip Tronic but very easy to drive. When needed, you can reduce gears and push it on revs. Have a sport mode as well.

Yep I was talking to u at airside meet a couple of weeks ago I remembered you had an auto [emoji106]

Back