New member hi

Aaronh

Sunday Drivers
Hey all new to this form, the name is Aaron from Meath don't have a Subaru as of yet but on the hunt for a classic RX or 1.6 to get me started!

Welcome

Best of luck with search

If u find a car u like online post it here someone might know it????

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good advise I'm not really in the know a whole heap on imprezas, I have a SSII beams celica at the min just seem to have fallen out of love with it and back doesn't work with car seats!
Is a 1.6 worth going for as a rep what are all ye opinions to start?

Do what ever makes u happy man.

If we're me wouldn't do rep if going non turbo lower it and get some nice rims be nice in its own rite ????

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club dude. As said above just post up the link or a few pics of the car you are interested in.

As for rep the best advice I will give you is buy the car for yourself and not for an audience. There are plenty of non turbo Impreza knocking about that even look better than the turbo ones. Best example is sheriff. His impreza if he still has it is a fine example. You will find all the info and help on here anyway. :54:

Buy the car for yourself.... no need to impress. Standard non turbos are great fun, but if you are aching for a turbo don't settle. You will always be longing and wanting to go that route and won't be happy until you do so. I bought a WRX years ago when I really wanted an STI. I put more and more money into it to try to get closer to the STI, but i wasn't happy until I finally landed a legit STi 5 years later.

That's true I'm afraid of the turbo to be honest engine rebuilds do not sound like fun or cheap! And classics are getting rare and price is only going to hit the sky and upwards!?

welcome,

I had a 1.5 NA to start with, for the boxer rumble and the subaru design yes.

Driving experience wise I would go 2l if you are going NA they cost the same to run, trust me, have one now.

Make it your own car. Do what you want with it,

you might find a clean classic hard to find, and insure. go newage if your going turbo a lot of nice 2001 - 2007 WRX for sale for ok money.

if you find a car and have any doubt post the link up here and get the help people have to offer :)

Anyway welcome along and happy hunting

OK so the 1.5/1.6 hopeless to go? Insurance I have the celica on a classic policy being a 98 what's the story with the impreza same as or harder to insure?

Welcome to the club and best of luck with the search!

As above look for what u think is best for u my friend used to have classic 1.6 gl 4wd and im fairness it was hard on juice and it wouldnt be far of a turbo car economy wise if i was u id go for a 2l na or turbo all day long :thumbsup:

OK so the 1.5/1.6 hopeless to go? Insurance I have the celica on a classic policy being a 98 what's the story with the impreza same as or harder to insure?

insurance is most likely easier on new age, i really dont know, i pay 1100 a year on mine, when it comes to driving and fuel get a 2l a bit more power, seems the better car compared to my 1.5 and it cost the same to run. not to mention the handling is way better as my 1.5 was a fwd

If your in no hurry take time to check them out like any car service history is always good on what ever u pick but not the end of all I spent 10 years dreaming and best part of one looking set a budget and stick to it imo
Plenty of good advice going here maybe not me but think some lads where born in them know them inside out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome really hope you get the scoob your looking for????

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Since you mentioned classic insurance... for what it's worth my classic STI Type RA cost me 425 a year as an American with no driving history in Ireland!

Just to note, the twin turbo legacy's seem to be much easier to insure than a WRX or STI.
Have one myself, great all rounder car in my opinion, big comfy car and loads of power if needed, 280BHP manual and 260BHP tiptronic. Loads of bottom end power with the sequential set up, and a good kick up the arse when the two turbos spool.
This my first subaru and I will be getting a blob WRX or STI next, but as I said, great place to start.

Welcome and +1 for the Legacies,
I was all set looking for an Impreza wagon but after many non-quotes or ridiculous quotes I ended up looking at Legacies instead, surprisingly easy to insure and as Eoin says a great comfortable fast all rounder. Foresters are worth a look too :subaru:
best of luck either way

Legacy is a good way to start your subaru ownership, I should know I had 3. Just keep in mind that they are getting old now and some could be troublesome :54:

Back