97 sti rear subframe bushings

GORDON GT SERIES II

Club Treasurer
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
As above does anyone know the diameter of the bushings that go in the end of the rear subframe the ones where there is 2 each side and houses the bolt going up into the chassis leg.There is 2 sizes a 33mm and I think 65mm listed on flow flex website or does anyone know if they can be got anywhere else.Im looking for poly bush ones

Can't help with sizes but I think Whiteline do a kit to poly the whole rear subframe and arms. Positive traction or something it's called.

If their not hanging out of it don't change them man , pure ball ache if one of the captive nuts snaps in the chassis leg

I'm polybushing it Baz and was gonna build one and have it ready to go drop mine out and the built one in

I have the subframe lock bolts there and I know what ya mean about them snapping remember the grief you had

It basically does away with the bushes in the subframe making it solid and centres the back able as well

698e734527bd9cbacecc27076158cabf.jpg

http://scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=39_274_322_323&products_id=2280

It is designed for motorsport use only & should not be used for extended periods as it may lead to premature chassis wear.

Sounds interesting
Could it damage the car over time ?

Because it's bolting the frame solid to the chassis any nvh that those bushings were absorbing is now transferred straight into the chassis which makes things louder and less civil in the car. I used them for years in the bug but I would install them before a track day and remove after it

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Have in the legacy for the last few years and no issues and gave dsne a good few miles

Ye its kind of worse case scenario Joe it could crack but could be grand too

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Back