Not boosting past +0.45 BAR

Ok so I unplugged the pipe from the controller that leads to the air intake and the car will boost fast and I push it as far as 1 Bar.
It's acting the very same as removing the the pipe from the actuator.

Are you sure you unplugged the right one :)

ok so let me explain here what happens.

Here you can see the layout of the system. You can see a black silicone pipe running from the controller to the black intake pipe from the airbox (Line 4) The idea is as you boost compressed air from the turbo moves into the silver thing (actuator) with the W written on it (Line 1 to Line 2) It has a "balloon" in it that blows up. As it blows up the boost will get to 0.7-0.8 and stay there. The more it blows up the less you boost. So the idea is the boost controller allows compressed air coming from the turbo going to the actuator to escape, (Line 3)by doing this the car will boost higher because the balloon wont blow up as much. The black silicone pipe that goes from the controller to the intake Line 4) is for excess air being released from the controller. The more air that escapes the more the car will boost. That's why when you disconnected the pipe on the actuator the car boosted a lot more because compressed air is no longer going to the actuator (silver thing with W written on it) If you get what I'm saying.

If you did disconnect the black silicon line running to the intake and the car boosted better then it sounds like that pipe is blocked. When the controller realises air to raise the boost level that air is not getting out back to the intake.

Second thing here be careful on that boost. You need to make sure your Air/Fuel ratio is correct otherwise you killing that motor. Understand by pushing more air into that engine the ecu needs to respond with more fuel. It should for that boost but hell you just don't know. It wont happen straight away so dont think if its fine flooring it once its fine. MUST CHECK the ratio. I like 11.1 - 11.4 anything more than 12 Id be scared. You could blow the head gaskets, destroy pistons. Then you going to be visiting a engineer for rebuild ;-)

http://www.isdc.ie/forum/images/attach/jpg.gif

Attachments

• 2_port_solenoid_system.jpg
    2_port_solenoid_system.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Got same problem one day. In that case my pressure line to BOV kinked so I have temporary replaced it with small inside diameter one I got in trunk. Till I got proper one few hours alter no way I could pass magic 0.5 bar boost.

After going back to proper size one boost is as it should be.

Back