steering wheel vibration

Jarocki

Petrolheads
ISDC Club Member
Noticed strong vibration coming through the steering wheel when braking above 80/100km/h. I got onto Ciaran Larkin about it and he said could be warped discs. He changed the brake pads on it about 6k ago. I usually only drive around town so have only noticed it once or twice. Would warped discs be the most likely reason? Seems to be worse than the last time when was driving on the motorway this weekend. 2006 legacy GT estate. Thanks. Going to leave the car into him at the weekend.

Yes only happens while braking and only noticed at high speeds where it would be obvious. Would it be all 4 or possibly only the front 2?

Could be even only one of them. But you still better change them in pairs. Usually its fronts tgat get warped

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes true. Any ideas of the costs for replacements? Will know more by the weekend. Need the car for the week.

Put dial gauge on it, will tell if there warped or not

If it only happens when braking,it's disc
If it only happening at certain speed,could be warped wheel or wheel weight/balance is out

It could be a sticking piston in the calipers or discs Ciaran skims discs aswell so he will be able to sort . Discs should be only 50/80 euros

Yes he will hopefully sort it this Friday/saturday. Hopefully nothing major.

Yes he will hopefully sort it this Friday/saturday. Hopefully nothing major.

If it not an issue with calipers or pads it's the discs. Ciaran has an on car skimming machine that zeros the runout .
If you have any issues after that check your wheel bearings

Don't mean to hijack but are mintex discs grooved and dimpled any good or should I stay away not big money on brake depot with deal on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't mean to hijack but are mintex discs grooved and dimpled any good or should I stay away not big money on brake depot with deal on

Not my personal experience but people say they are quite good.

Would go standard mintex disc . It's more of a look thing to be honest. yes groves are ment to fire out the dust from the pads and the dimples the same but in the real world on a budget disc there pointless being honest .
Go standard mintex disc and pad will be as good as any on a standard car :thumbsup:

Mintex are good but found there pads are dusty

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Mintex are good but found there pads are dusty

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

My original pads are Jurid, and I have never had such dirty discs before... So dusty pads is nothing surprising for Subaru [emoji23]

Thanks for advice I have a few options any how wouldn't drive car a lot so dust wouldn't be a big issue just need something with a bit of bite might go with fast road pad on front

Thanks for advice I have a few options any how wouldn't drive car a lot so dust wouldn't be a big issue just need something with a bit of bite might go with fast road pad on front

Nisshinbo have a good grip, no dust and no soundtrack. I don't know if they are available here.

just picked the car back up from ciaran. So there was a 1mm difference on the discs so need to be skimmed. Although his machine is broken and needs to be sent off to get fixed. Be about 2 weeks before he gets it back. Other than waiting he said could get replacements. he measured the discs at 315/316mm diamater. the height lying flat was 57mm high. He said they are an unusual size. Any ideas where to source these? Thanks

Back