my doggy

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Hey, just gonna pop this here see what you think, before he goes to the vet Monday.
Dono if it's a skin condition or if it's just burn, as he loves to throw down in front of the open fire. But he's in pain, very slow to sit down and stuff, and constantly itching.
Has anyone seen anything like it?

As said before on a post, last dog died of breast cancer which I kinda diagnosed more or less straight away before bringing him to the vet, but dono what to make of this.
I've tried hydrocortisone and epaderm on it, no hope of getting him to settle in a salty bath or anything.

Attachments

• 20170326_024035.jpg
    20170326_024035.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 102
The poor fella it looks sore.It might be mange my collie gets it from foxes .When he pees in the same place as a fox in a hedge or post.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I think the vet may have been an idea last week. That looks seriously painful.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Heat Rash org: Heat Rash on Dogs and Cats
PetEducation: Puppy Impetigo (Puppy Pyoderma, Juvenile Pustular Dermatitis)
PetMD: Skin Rash Due to Contact with Irritants in Dogs
Vet Street: Atopy – An Allergic Skin Reaction

Yeah well it wasn't half as bad up until late yesterday. So tried the cream and stuff. As I said, he throws down in front of fire so thought it was just cause of that. Looks more now tho
Gonna have a trip into vet tomorrow. No vets open today where I am lol
Just said I'd ask in case you seen it before. Don't think it's mange either as he's more an indoor dog, literally out for a toilet break and looks to come back in ha unless he picked it up on walks..... vet tomorrow anyway
Cheers guys

If you had any coconut oil could try rub some on

But would definitely get vet to have a look

Coconut oil? That's interesting, might give that a shot just to keep it soothed today. Rang the vet privately and booked in tomorrow but just to ease him today I'll try that.
He's still in great spirits, just had an hours walk around the park and a bit of a picnic for him too lol

Tried that but he don't like that going on it at all.

As I said, he's usually in front of the fire on his side and the odd time he'd get a bit red.
But it's very bad now. The epaderm is a bit hard and you really have to rub it in, so that wasn't good either. But the hydrocortisone seems to be working well. He's much better again today. But I think the vet anyway just in case it's a skin thing rather than just getting raw from the fire.

Don't ask what I'm doing with a fire on this week haha tis not cosy without it lol

did you take him to some kind of water? Sea, river or canal? Did he get in the water? It could be so called 'flesh eating bacteria' very shitty think, but can be treated with antibiotics afaik. Defo see vet!

There is a small stream across from the house alright.
He's going tomorrow. Will know better then. Looks 10 times better today with the cream on but possibly needs antibiotics too.
I'll let you guys know just in case you ever come across it yourselves

So end result lads was infected dermatitis. Vet said that the fire just kinda added to it but it was his condition anyway, he's all healthy, full check over, got steroids and antibiotics for it.
Got a full worm dose and the anal gland squeezed? Whatever that means lol but she said it had to be done.
Nail trims and stuff. He's in great spirits coming away ????

Glad to hear he is ok and not too serious......????

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Glad he's ok.

Anal gland squeezed - shouldn't have mentioned that. Keith will be on looking for details

Don't even know what that means man lol
Vet said it's never been done so she worked away and done it lol

Glad to hear the dog is diagnosed and looked after. It looked very sore so glad it wasnt serious, and anal gland squeezing makes me glad im not a vet ha

Glad doggy is feeling better. Theres lot worse than squeezing anal gland. Have you seen artificial cow insemination the vet gets his hand inside all the way to his sholder - feel free to imagine it if you will :roll:

Back