Passenger wing mirror is floppy... :(

ZA_B4

Sunday Drivers
Hi Guys,

Was hoping someone could help out with this someone messed around with my wing mirror and now it doesn't open or close properly and when i try to manually put it in place its all floppy (has no tension) i can't seem to get it to lock into place ie: lock into open or closed position any idea's or instructions on how to open it up to check mechanism?

Any help with this would be appreciated asap as i'd like to have it sorted before NCT retest.

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys,

Was hoping someone could help out with this someone messed around with my wing mirror and now it doesn't open or close properly and when i try to manually put it in place its all floppy (has no tension) i can't seem to get it to lock into place ie: lock into open or closed position any idea's or instructions on how to open it up to check mechanism?

Any help with this would be appreciated asap as i'd like to have it sorted before NCT retest.

Thanks in advance

Been there. Replace the mirror if you want it foldable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replace it they are cheap enough. If not l have my stock mirrors somewhere in the attic and you can have them for nct

Sorry for the late response guys it's for 98-03 B4 (@Dave) and it's L18 Black in colour, but I seem to have worked out what is going on it's seems to be the electronics that are going because if I keep the switch in the open position and then switch off and take out the key and wait a few seconds and then restart my car the mirror will open all the way again and stay there

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late response guys it's for 98-03 B4 (@Dave) and it's L18 Black in colour, but I seem to have worked out what is going on it's seems to be the electronics that are going because if I keep the switch in the open position and then switch off and take out the key and wait a few seconds and then restart my car the mirror will open all the way again and stay there

Check the fuse

Check the fuse

Hi Lynx, I checked ever fuse I could find and all are good for now though it's ok and not bugging me.

Hi Lynx, I checked ever fuse I could find and all are good for now though it's ok and not bugging me.

Good that it's fine.
No need checking all.
There's only one fuse for mirrors, the positions are normally listed on the inner side of the fuse compartment cover.

Good that it's fine.
No need checking all.
There's only one fuse for mirrors, the positions are normally listed on the inner side of the fuse compartment cover.

I'd have a hard time deciphering mine as it's all in Japanese [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I'd have a hard time deciphering mine as it's all in Japanese [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

You aren't the first one in need. Google has it all.
c330cfb66094819a47a872a0da9f5798.jpg

Last edited:
Is dude a common word for addressing a girl?

Haha, I stand corrected... Dudette, you know what they say about assumption right? I had no idea... Sorry [emoji23]

Your pic is of a Dude or a Girl/Woman with a beard so understandable mistake ????

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Passenger wing mirror is floppy... ????

Your pic is of a Dude or a Girl/Woman with a beard so understandable mistake [emoji851]

You know, on audi club I had a fairy with glittering wings as an avatar, but still people thought I am a man.
I would have uploaded my own face here if the forum allowed it; as long as it doesn't I will stick to the closest related to my inner world pic from the gallery.
And Freddie had no beard, only the mustache [emoji16]

f05d660db941c151a73f793499889b68.jpg

Last edited:
Audi Club ????

Join up as full member and you can do just that one of the many perks or keep the beardy snap ????

Audi Club [emoji14]

Join up as full member and you can do just that one of the many perks or keep the beardy snap [emoji1]

I don't want to spend money on nothing.
All I am getting here is "go back to your damn country"

Back