Buying car in the uk

TurboPaul

So the mother is looking to change car and I'm on the case

Have located a 20 month old Honda jazz for her in a Honda main dealer in Carlisle in the uk ( up north but not Scotland)

Should I be worried about rust or corrosion underneath?

car is one owner only has 5k miles and serviced at 12 months.i am assiuming probably not driven too in bad conditions much

Or Am I just been paranoid because I've been reading posts on here for two long?

Wrong forum!

Last edited:
All UK Hondas were given an anticorrossion warranty. Ask the dealer or contact Honda Ireland if it would extend to over here.

Basically, if certain areas of the car started to rust, they would be treated/cut out/repaired and respray under warrsnty.

At 20 months that car should be like new. I picked up a 2011 accord from honda main dealer in Glasgow last year car is like new underneath.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Unless its a Ford or lived by the sea you should be fine.
As said above a not even two year old with only 5k it should be good.
No harm to see if original bill of sale is with it and see did they get the underbody protection. Its probably standard on Honda's but you would be amazed that its an option with the Fords and not everybody takes it!

To be honest the stuff they're spreading on the roads here I'd be much more concerned buying an Irish car than a Uk car.

It's 2 years old & only 5k miles on it - It was clearly owned by an auld one who wouldn't dream of going out in snow/ice. More likely it might need a new clutch/gearbox than rusting away :smokin:

Should be grand but there is a huge differance where a car lives near the coast(salt water mist ) or inland .
But with the age of the car and the limited milage I'd say your safe enough and it's a Honda after all so fairly reliable. Wouldn't be worried about the road saltbwith 5k miles :thumbsup:

Unless its a Ford or lived by the sea you should be fine.
As said above a not even two year old with only 5k it should be good.
No harm to see if original bill of sale is with it and see did they get the underbody protection. Its probably standard on Honda's but you would be amazed that its an option with the Fords and not everybody takes it!

6 year old rs and no rust issue on mine,and got in Scotland
Underside is perfect too

Rust can happen on all cars
Know 152 corolla with rust issue

To be honest the stuff they're spreading on the roads here I'd be much more concerned buying an Irish car than a Uk car.

It's 2 years old & only 5k miles on it - It was clearly owned by an auld one who wouldn't dream of going out in snow/ice. More likely it might need a new clutch/gearbox than rusting away :smokin:

Yeah that what I'm thinking or it never got out I if second gear

Thanks for the advice.

Biggest hassle is picking the car up. Don't fancy ,flight, train drive and ferry. Wouldn't mind if it was a decent car but a 1.3litre jazz nit all that appealing. Might get some fellah to stick it on a transporter

Amazing the selection of cars in the uk. Couldn't find one with leather seats in Ireland but plenty over there and most have documented service histories too. Some great savings compared to here on older ones whereas nearly new not so much of a difference

250 pound would get it lifted back to Strabane for ya.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Herrons in Fermanagh are doing Glasgow to Dublin for £350 - there is no way id drive it, Glasgow to Stranraer is a pr*ck of a drive.

6 year old rs and no rust issue on mine,and got in Scotland
Underside is perfect too

Rust can happen on all cars
Know 152 corolla with rust issue

No doubt Phil they aren't all that but recently saw a 132 Mondeo in and they didnt go for the underbody protection!

My car got the treatment when it was bought in Co. Down in '03. Still looks clean underneath at 70k miles.

Glasgow to Stranraer is a pr*ck of a drive.

Not in a Subaru it's not - lovely twisty roads all the way from Stranraer up towards Ayr. Used to travel over fairly regularly in my younger days for football matches & always enjoyed the drive

Got a fellah to bring it Dublin for 320, not cheap but good value, assuming it turns up in one piece. Think he back and forth all the time so he's just using spare space he might have

Between flight train and boat fares it's worth it as well

Back