Subaru 22B Prototype Auction 51kms From New! 000/400

Isn't there one in England for 100k too. And has a bit of mileage with it also

time to buy was 3 or 4 years ago

And if you've the money... now! These will continue to go up in price.

A mate was offered a Quattro sport for 80k sterling years ago when many said that had hit there max and they are now selling for 250k-350k. All the group B homolgated cars (500 produced) are selling fur astronomical money and 22b's will do the same regardless if people think they are worth it or not.

Always said the same
have to go same price as Quattro
and most imprezas will go price point of sierra cosworths

You are looking at 100k euro now for any form of one out of Japan. Wait untill The States can register them.

very hard predict classic car values

in the next reccession which is prob 3 years away - toys are always first thing to go when things tightn up
i would not like to look in my garage at a impreza that stands me 100k
it may hold - but its a risky once
i think thats why everybody is cashing in now
we all saw what happened car values in last reccession
there seams to be alot of people now paying huge money for 90s jap classics in general thinkin
they are sure fire money makers - they may be but who knows
id rather buy a few 10k cars and sit on them
its not that long ago a version 11 sti ra was 2500 - a type r v limited was 5k and a 22b was 20k
i have a version 1 stiimpreza thats showroom - i got it for ok money - i think / hope its a solid investment

if i had 100k to invest in a classic car it wouldnt be a 22b
but your right in 5 years they may be 250k - who knows
unless i was a millionaire i wouldnt be buying
as a investment 3-4 years ago was time to buy

i bid 22k on a minter 22b in japan 3 years ago - it made 24 - i said no way was i paying that for a impreza lol

Last edited:
Well we have to admit that 22b has gotten out of the reach of the regular enthusiast and is now a rather rich persons collector item. Its a matter of taste but when you think what you can get for those money in the super car department or you can have s202,3 and 4 and be left with some change in your pockets l know what l would do :)

it's true, that is the beginning of the end and they won't come back down. On the other hand it means all the other special editions will go up so if there is one you have always wanted then buy it in the next year or two.

I wouldn't have bought the 22B because for another £50,000 you could get the original Prodrive WRC 97 and that has to be the ultimate Subaru even if you couldn't really use it on the road, still for sale: http://www.handh.co.uk/buy/1996-subaru-impreza-wrc-97/12095

And how much would you pay for an RB5 WR Sport with only 3,000 miles, the dealer doesn't even give a price which always means it's going to be really high: http://www.appreciating-classics.com/car/subaru-impreza-rb5-wr-sport/

I would have thought even four years ago £24k would have been really good value for a 22B. Remember there was one on donedeal photographed in the back of a garden in Dublin with weeds growing around it years ago, I think for about €25k, did anyone buy that one, easily worth £50k now no matter what condition it's in?

very hard predict classic car values

in the next reccession which is prob 3 years away - toys are always first thing to go when things tightn up
i would not like to look in my garage at a impreza that stands me 100k
it may hold - but its a risky once
i think thats why everybody is cashing in now
we all saw what happened car values in last reccession
there seams to be alot of people now paying huge money for 90s jap classics in general thinkin
they are sure fire money makers - they may be but who knows
id rather buy a few 10k cars and sit on them
its not that long ago a version 11 sti ra was 2500 - a type r v limited was 5k and a 22b was 20k
i have a version 1 stiimpreza thats showroom - i got it for ok money - i think / hope its a solid investment

if i had 100k to invest in a classic car it wouldnt be a 22b
but your right in 5 years they may be 250k - who knows
unless i was a millionaire i wouldnt be buying
as a investment 3-4 years ago was time to buy

i bid 22k on a minter 22b in japan 3 years ago - it made 24 - i said no way was i paying that for a impreza lol

I agree the S202 / 3 / 4 are going to be very collectible, I would love an S203 or S204 and they are still only about £15k so pretty good value for now!

QUOTE=dontommy;559447]Well we have to admit that 22b has gotten out of the reach of the regular enthusiast and is now a rather rich persons collector item. Its a matter of taste but when you think what you can get for those money in the super car department or you can have s202,3 and 4 and be left with some change in your pockets l know what l would do :)[/QUOTE]

I would have thought even four years ago £24k would have been really good value for a 22B. Remember there was one on donedeal photographed in the back of a garden in Dublin with weeds growing around it years ago, I think for about €25k, did anyone buy that one, easily worth £50k now no matter what condition it's in?

they were easy bought in jap auctions then
i could have got a rough 1 cheaper

I don't think the S models will go up Much, they will probably be a safe buy at current prices... they are a far superior car to the 22B but the 22B is from a different era.. hard to pin point exactly what's driving the price up, imo it's just came from a certain point in time, which lined up with a certain generation, it's rare and iconic.. and it all just has Coincided nicely to dictate a high price

Back