House Alarm Installer / Engineer Needed

Keadeen

Hi everyone,

Anyone on here a certified house alarm expert?

Near Dublin?

Have an issue with our HKC SecureWatch alarm in Dublin North (D7).

No power to the keypad panel.

Local security guy looked and says fuse blown and battery needs replacement in the main unit.
He could not tell me why the fuse is blown (is the transformer putting out the right DC voltage yes/no, board ok yes/no etc).

Nothing was fixed as he says it is not worth looking at this system to see if it could be fixed. Seems set on selling a new wireless system ("as we should eliminate all the unreliable wires and then you're good again for 15 years with a new one").

He could go out again he said to check voltages and see if it will work with a new battery and fuse, but would cost €120-150 to do that... and said that if transformer does prove to be gone then the main unit needs to be replaced anyway as he says that product line is discontinued 3 years ago. I think his point was that we'd be better putting money into a whole new system rather than bear the cost to even do elementary troubleshooting.

Not too sure about things now after that conversation... hence hoping somebody in the club is an expert, or has a really good experience with an expert in the area that do HKC.

Thanks a million folks.

I think he just wants to sell a new.

Try a new battery and fuse your self.
Like for like.

Hkc wired alarms are the most trouble free alarm u can't get a wireless system would have a maintenance cost with it because its battery powered sensors. If you didn't know of any breaks in cables it should only be part replacement not entire alarm. Hkc parts are available at nearly and good trade wholesale. Or ring a supplier for a decent fitter who won't rob u. I do building work and this is my view also have one on workshop and my own house. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he just wants to sell a new.

Try a new battery and fuse your self.
Like for like.

+1 replace yourself and see what happens. Try fuse first. the main panels sometimes have switches for when cover is removed, may set off alarm so cover your ears ????
Mice can eat though cables on occasion, I'm not saying u have any ????but could explain damaged cable. Ate through my parents doorbell recently

Back