Mapped at last

cheers for the info keith , its jus iv never really heard of them before . and they seem to have no maintanence and last years , so why are they not more widespread if they seem to improve the performance of our "shitty" fuel .

one last question , price ??

I'm not sure on price as Ciaran had them there for his m3 and I robbed them off him when he was getting my car ready for mapping so they were totaled in on my bill but I'll ask him......there is a site in the UK the Lad that had the agency for them is a sound bloke if you mail him he will buzz you back ....I found him very helpful....the Lad that mapped it said the fuel quality in the car when it was been mapped was super .....some people will tell you they are bollix.X but if you ask them they got Chinese ones but the lads using them in the UK love them ..they did a test on an m3 before and after and they got great results.
And if you do some digging the p1 had them in the tank from prodrive

I was advised to go with in tank as they sit in the juice the in line ones the petrol has to pass it so not sure how effective it is .....give him a buzz he is a very nice chap to deal with

I remember lads selling in line Fuel Cat Ones that were about as uselfull as a real cat for upping octane... I have to sayi have been on the likes of 22B.com for a long time where race cars are constantly discussed and I can't recall fuel pellets being ever held in and great regard.
Something is telling me from previous discussions that a lot of those pellets are Lead replacement and not octane

Last edited:
It would have been lot more simple just to have a decent fuel on the tap, but sadly Ireland is backward country this way :icon_cry:

It's an odd one. Normally these catalysts are a load of BS. However, this one has testimonials from the likes of RUF etc. that there was power and torque increases. It doesn't say what's in them or how they work, just that they work. Maybe by complete fluke? Their original intention and use was to stop the Russian fuel from "waxing" as they had different methods and purposes for refining oil.

It's an odd one. Normally these catalysts are a load of BS. However, this one has testimonials from the likes of RUF etc. that there was power and torque increases. It doesn't say what's in them or how they work, just that they work. Maybe by complete fluke? Their original intention and use was to stop the Russian fuel from "waxing" as they had different methods and purposes for refining oil.

Is there not stuff scattered on the net about false advertisement and their adverts being banned?

Is there not stuff scattered on the net about false advertisement and their adverts being banned?

Not false but near enough. Nobody could prove it doesn't work. However it also can't be scientifically substantiated how it does work. For that, advertising authorities banned them from advertising. The big name testimonials still stand on their website, which would very easily be removed if untrue or were a case of misrepresentation.

And the pellets must be savage high octaine rating

Good job????

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We put the pellets in to try them I was always going to run booster ....the pellets were just a safety net lol.
I ran out of booster a few weeks ago so put 20 quid in with no booster ran it dry put another 20 in with no booster drove it hard and the knock monitor only read 5 knock more without the booster on a 4th gear pull......in the wr1 the same knock meter would go crazy if the booster wasn't in the car ....this leads me to believe the pellets work.

proof is in the pudding .

keith seems to believe they work .

it would be good to have a "proper" back to back test to confirm their ability .

There's definitely something to it. The Phormula knocklink is a serious piece of kit so if that's staying quiet with no booster on fuel that would normally send it mental, there's some substance there.

Not as advanced as the Phormula, but the knocklink I had in the shroud on the STI was the same. No booster = Xmas tree. Bottle of CVL Turbo = Little Xmas. Third a bottle of NF Race = Silent night.

There's definitely something to it. The Phormula knocklink is a serious piece of kit so if that's staying quiet with no booster on fuel that would normally send it mental, there's some substance there.

Not as advanced as the Phormula, but the knocklink I had in the shroud on the STI was the same. No booster = Xmas tree. Bottle of CVL Turbo = Little Xmas. Third a bottle of NF Race = Silent night.

It's the only reason I tried it john if I can't see it ...it's not working lol.
And ap performance put his knock monitor on it and both read the same ...I asked him to do that to see how accurate my one was .....so I have been trying to make sure it's as accurate as possible.

Back