Which Exhaust? Advice needed

bang

ISDC Club Member
Hi Lads,

I'm trying to figure out what to do on the exhaust front. Currently its a standard exhaust, I don't really want a loud exhaust but just something that unleashes the Subaru rumble a bit and wouldn't mind an odd pop and bang.

I have been looking at the HKS Silent High Power, the Prodrive exhaust and there was also some remote control exhaust I found called Varex I think

But lately I have been thinking maybe just get a de cat pipe which I think would give me the sound I'm looking for with a few pops and bangs.

What do you guys think, would de catting achieve what I'm looking for?

Thanks

Donal

De cat a popular thing to do removes cat altogether will give more noise and drone

Wouldn't bother unless going for more power and remap

Just get new backbox like above had a afterburner vortex few years back good noise

Loads of second hand boxes for sale on scoobynet from breakers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Had a vortex myself, nice sound not too loud at all or intrusive. Prob can be found reasonable money on scoobynet or maybe one of the subaru FB pages as Ciaran says

go to a few meets and listen to a few of the lads exhaust to make up your mind. Initially I was thinking that Im too old and my exhaust is too loud but after I was swapping it for the stock for NCT i realize how much I miss my loud exhaust :54:

go to a few meets and listen to a few of the lads exhaust to make up your mind. Initially I was thinking that Im too old and my exhaust is too loud but after I was swapping it for the stock for NCT i realize how much I miss my loud exhaust :54:

You'll just have him off buying a titanium exhaust!

Im just trying to protect him before all you 'nur spec fanboys' gang up on him and before he knows he is brainwashed into buying blitz :1poke::roll: :roll:

Hey I gave him an honest and decent suggestion I didn't mention a blitz, he asked for a quiet exhaust, not the best exhaust!!! :p :p

I have heard the Blitz and it does sound beautiful, but too loud for me. I think the best thing to do is as Don Tommy suggested and have a listen to all of your exhausts first as its hard to know from a youtube video:54:

It is very loud alright, mine is centre decat too, maybe just hack box might be decent but I can't say I've heard one with just blitz back box. He's right though just listen to what you come across and judge then. The hi power silent is decent too

I think having a listen to different exhaust on different cars might help guide you further. What car/engine combo you got btw? I got a Prodrive on my 2004 Wrx Blob 2L and its not very loud and doesn't drone. Come to one of the meets to get a flavour of the noises. After all it's as subjective as the colour of your car ????

I have Scorpion SS for sale, if interested?

this is before decatting it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCaFTgkz-aA

and you can find decated sound in my playlist as well.

This exhaust is very burbly, has that deep and nice burble, but isnt loud. I think its great daily exhaust unless you want something super loud, like I did:)

This is btw the exactly same exhaust as Prodrive - prodrive got them made by Scorpion and then stamped them. The tip is wider though

another video of the same setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yXvotaT9mw

Last edited:
I'm running a stock setup with a Silent Hi-Power. Just enough rumble but give it beans on a dual carriageway and it roars.

Back