Warranty - Opinions

dossie01

Petrolheads
Well folks, looking for opinions and real life experience with extended warranties

I have a 131 A6 Avant that I bought from Audi Nth Dublin last year, love it but not without some problems since

35,000 klms - clutch judder - New Clutch/Flywheel/Master Cylinder replaced under warranty
68,000 klms - Coolant leak traced to EGR Valve - EGR Valve and cooler replaced due to weeping

All of the above were without quibble and sorted with no hassle

Car is currently on 72,000 klms and warranty is up next month, Audi will extend the warranty for €666 for 12 mths/30,000klm - I currently do 40,000 klm per year roughly.

I do want a warranty but just want to get others experience on Mapfre/ Car Protect or any other non main dealer offered warranties.
Why you ask - above was in the region of 3.5k alone with Audi parts and labour with the comfort of replacement car as I cannot be without one. There are tons of opinions on the aftermarket guys and basically they are no use when you go to claim, true or not true?

Opinions appreciated

Dave

Personally I'd take the Audi one
they would be more inclined to honour for
repeat sales
brand loyalty etc.
your stuck to Audi servicing though
Maybe all the same :dontknow:

Colm is right, I work for a VW dealer, you'll get less hassle with proper warranty, the other ones out there will sound like better deals but they won't be as inclined to honor it, will look for opportunity to get out of doing the work where as your Audi dealer will look after you in the interest of repeat business etc. You're doing a decent amount of mileage so the warranty is probably worthwhile in your case imo as you approach the 100,000km mark

Stick with the dealer, even if it's out of warranty you can still get good will on some claims! Mates a warranty manager from skoda and that's his advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dealer specially audi/vw seem to do a lot of good will aswell.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dealer warranty or trade her in before the miles go sky high and resale takes a hit worse than a repair bill :ponder:

Cheers, will opt for the dealer warranty, they cover up to 210,000 KLM. 666 is right, hopefully not a jinx!@

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I work for Opel and those Mapfre type warranties are not as they seem. Normal wear and tear is not covered with Mapfre so a lot of people get caught out.

Last edited:
Back