Rear diff oil for 2001 STi

I've heard 80w90 is required for LSD cars. Think I'll go with thag

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Afaik is the same as front. Only dccd models with lsd are using different oil :54:

Edit: I used motul 300 75w90 front and motul sae90 for the rear with lsd

Last edited:
lsd

what oil to use depends on whether you have a plated lsd fitted or not .. some diffs are auto torque bias , some viscous and take std oil .. its only plated diffs that take lsd oil ..

bung

take the fill and drain bungs out and shine torch up in .. look at the diff unit .. google types of rear diffs and it should show you what you have .. or if ur stuck , take a photo of it and send it to me and il tell u .. but in saying that .. jap 02 sti should have a plated lsd .

take the fill and drain bungs out and shine torch up in .. look at the diff unit .. google types of rear diffs and it should show you what you have .. or if ur stuck , take a photo of it and send it to me and il tell u .. but in saying that .. jap 02 sti should have a plated lsd .

You can also learn the hard way - Fill 75W90 on a plated diff and drive the car on full lock - the cracking noise from the diff will sound like one of your rear wheel bearings has just collapsed! Replace it with B373 and everything works as Subaru intended - go with the photo option Ali suggested

:desismileys_6328:

Hope it is ok to add my self to question here. afaik Bugs JDM NBR has torsen lsd 4.44 ratio. Should I use same oil as in STI?

Back