Hawk sti issues

ap993

Sunday Drivers
Hi, the auto levelling lights and headlight washers are not working, lots of confusing info when I googled it. could it be a fuse?
Also, the rear driver side has developed a knock, only when driving over small sharp bumps.. I have read this is a common problem, and some grease somewhere on the shock or strut sorts it.
anybody have similar issues, or could shed some light on it for me?

sounds like the auto headlight leveling sensors have packed up .

one on drivers side suspension strut and on rear strut also .

front one packet up on mine few years ago . water and grit got into it . new prices are crazy so got 2 from a breaker in the UK.

washer jets might be loose or leaking pipe or possibly related to leveling sensor either .

spray a bit of white lithium grease on rear strut for quick fix to knocking . lift up booth and spray on chrome part of shock . expensive fix is kyb shock . got em on mine and never a knock since .

As above on the auto level sensor knocking could be a droplink or as Tommy knocking shocks

Thanks for the replies. No the lights don't move at all when starting. low beams are down to the lowest too so are not great at night. The auto level light on the dash goes out after a few seconds when i switch on the ignition, so I am getting no warning light.

The washer jets for the lights dont even pop out when i press the washer button, no noise. So thought it might of been a blown fuse or something. This would fail the nct? will have a go at the shock. cheers

would imagine it's a fail as they checked the headlamp washers Kong mine last 2 nct tests .

say you most likely need a new sensor and all will come back to life

if you google the auto level sensor ..i seen them online somewhere the other day quite cheap new .. complete with mounting bracket and pivot arm .. for around £100 stg .. just cant remember wer i seen them ..

the knock on rear .. in most cases that ive seen , its the rear roll bar bushes that go ..

That's the job .

try front first and see if it works . no point spending out on back if front will do it.

So only getting around to getting this back on the road. Let it in for the Nct to see if anything would show up, the noise was a knackered shock. So I will have to sort that.
There was something up with emissions too, lambda was 1.57. And they failed me on noise with the bung in the *****.

So they say the exhaust is leaking. I think I know where, would that cause the lambda to be so far out?

Oh yes, I fixed the Headlight washers. Took the bumper off and the small pump. It was just seized so took that apart, gave a clean and it sorted it. Didn't do anything with the auto level problem, but the lights passed the Nct at least.

You sure it's the shock as they knock even when a few months old haven't seen them fail unless with big milage
Aways just binding as the grease goes hard .

The Nct man said there was oil leaking from the shock, and there was a big imbalance. Will have a look at the readings later

OK cheers, seeing as it's an aftermarket setup. Can you get shocks refurbed? Will have to find out the setup I have

Exhaust leak will throw the lambda sensor off, would replace/repair exhaust and good spirited drive for retest

Should see a reduction on the lambda

Will post pics when I get a chance tomorrow. They are BC coil overs according to the previous owner

Back