Cars and Coffee Sunday Bray

On the cxc thing lads can show up at anything and cause hassle really so I don't see a problem really .

Regarding the club be kept a secret not sure that's true but maybe it is but I never found it like that .

regarding the classic car auction Not buying anything just going for a look :dontknow::whistle::thumbsup:

My opinion very simple if going espically meeting/convoy to this and there a public date and time on fb and public section of site its not something I'd be intrested in.

This isn't our event yes anyone is welcome to go but rolling up with Isdc cars and other people we don't know paints us all the same if there's any issues and I wouldn't want the Isdc being mentioned if something negative happened.

Few members cars driving in be great not every event/meet needs online exposure or to turn into huge meet few club cars together be perfect imo

Zigster heart defo in right place he's a credit to the club and I'm glad he's* here the passion for driving things forward is obvious to all.

Zheiko don't agree we are a secret society as said loads of exposure online and anyone that i meet (either online here or in person) that's a genuine subaru enthusiast gets encouraged to join up and contribute what they do after that I don't know.

Same goes for all the Isdc lads I know extremely sound bunch helpfull and wouldn't have a bad word said against any of them or the Club.

And the Isdc doing and great in the few years I've been here 2016 one of the best.

Best 50 Quid I spend every year same gets told to anyone I meet

Anyone that's intrested to know more feel free to pm me

http://isdc.ie/membership/

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

i take offence to a certain post above in this thread . i just dont like the tone of it . doesnt take a genius

water off a ducks back though

that is all !

Great replies above,

its clear we all put the club first, i personally think it would be interesting to hear from especially non paying members what could be done to make more non paying members sign up for a full membership.

Do we need some sort of open house event lets just for argument sake say every 3 months?

Do we need to share a bit more of what they will get?

The people I have introduced in which 2/3 have signed up so far seems to like the night meets, and its a great way to meet people. but again these are only by invite. just as an example

So how do we get better at including and hopefully get non paying members involved and become full members?

Think if we keep a good tone this could be a healthy open discussion to have.

Personally think that a obvious new thread called something like

"Considering Joining Isdc"

Should be started there dosent need to be a huge explanation just somewhere people that aren't members could post any questions about topic and could be answered by full members including membership link above

I know I had to go searching to find that membership link not easiest to find

Years ago we had flyers printed up and I always had a few in the car and would put one under the wiper of a car if I was out and about.

Years ago we had flyers printed up and I always had a few in the car and would put one under the wiper of a car if I was out and about.
e824c1c44f1a0c83b7593cd5b00e2f07.jpg

We now have a business card with our logo and email on the front... and on the back there is are highlight points of why to join... also lists our website, fb, twitter, youtube and instagram accounts / addresses... Gave out a few to members present at Terenure. The idea of them is indeed to have em in the car or wallet so you have something to give to a prospective Scooby fan.

We went for the biz card format instead of the flyer due to:
size (easier to carry around)
cost (flyers much dearer plus many thrown out)
speed (quick to get more printed, quick to leave under wiper / pull out of wallet and give to someone).

Im just curious was there any bad club experience with messers before? Since lm active in the club every meet l attended went without any faults.

Great replies above,

its clear we all put the club first, i personally think it would be interesting to hear from especially non paying members what could be done to make more non paying members sign up for a full membership.

Do we need some sort of open house event lets just for argument sake say every 3 months?

Do we need to share a bit more of what they will get?

The people I have introduced in which 2/3 have signed up so far seems to like the night meets, and its a great way to meet people. but again these are only by invite. just as an example

So how do we get better at including and hopefully get non paying members involved and become full members?

Think if we keep a good tone this could be a healthy open discussion to have.
As a non paying member I find the forum great and any question you have will be answered and if you need help someone is willing to help you out but in 3 year's on the forum I have only been to 1 event which was the charity run last year which I really enjoyed getting to meet up with some members and see some other cars just as an example there was a go kartin day in watergrasshill last year which I really would of liked to go to but it was members only and wouldn't have know anything about it only for I met Tommy in clonmel think open day would be a great idea also think the Facebook page could be more active but in saying that I do plan on becoming a full member this year

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L01 using Tapatalk

i wont even start on this topic caus' ill probably get banned mwahaha.gif

Attachments

• mwahaha.gif
    mwahaha.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 96
Just a thought lads, but why not have like an enrollment day or sone thing?
I have it planned to buy membership at the end of the month anyway. Very expensive Xmas lol
Obviously it would be up to the administration to sort out how it can be done, but I think it would be a good idea.
I think it's probably an overall thought; "why spend €50"
A good day out and good laughs would entice people to go to more like it ie. member days

Im just curious was there any bad club experience with messers before? Since lm active in the club every meet l attended went without any faults.

Yes there was. At a night meet in Liffey Valley before.. a non member acting the **** drawing attention from the 5 0

Also members acting like ****s some years ago on a night meet but we won't go there again :shhh:

if this was an isdc organised event would we be advertising it here ? ......... no

should we be advertising another forums event here ? ........no

its not our event . we are piggybacking it as a way of isdc members to meet up , have a chat and talk cars n rubbish . don't think we'd appreciate one of our events been announced 2 all on Facebook etc .
bit of respect for Steve and Damo's event is needed I think . they are the guys that'll get the flack if something happens that shouldn't.

my opinion .

also some ideas been bounced around that should be in the members feedback area . they'll just get lost here :thumbsup:

if this was an isdc organised event would we be advertising it here ? ......... no

should we be advertising another forums event here ? ........no

its not our event . we are piggybacking it as a way of isdc members to meet up , have a chat and talk cars n rubbish . don't think we'd appreciate one of our events been announced 2 all on Facebook etc .
bit of respect for Steve and Damo's event is needed I think . they are the guys that'll get the flack if something happens that shouldn't.

my opinion .

also some ideas been bounced around that should be in the members feedback area . they'll just get lost here :thumbsup:

This is interesting idea, and I am happy you mentioned it. Here is just one thing though. If I am making an event, that is for club members only, and I do NOT want other ppl there, I will announce this event in members section.

C&C is public event, publicly advertised and announced. The guys must be expecting that some pricks might show up and be ready to kick them away, or face consequences. Its a risk of business, its a risk of doing something. I do not see anything wrong on 'hey, we are going there, if you wanna tag along and meet other members of the club'. There are risks in life, I might get hit by a car any given second. That will however not stop me from crossing the road.

A car meet where nobody shows up and nobody comes, coz it wasn't advertised, is not a car meet, its one guy wasting his time on parking lot.

This anxiety of 'Id rather not do anything coz something could go wrong' has followed me for majority of my life, and it bothers me, that its not only me suffering with this anxiety...

With Zheiko here this is an event everyone knows about and has nothing to do with ISDC, just a great opportunity to meet up and go to it together.

To much fear of things going wrong in general, I am yet to see this myself as well,

And how are people who maybe want to go to some different meets and events ever going to get the chance if they are not invited?

Back