Cars and Coffee Sunday Bray

Zigster

Just thought this is worth mentioning here,

cars and coffee bray this Sunday,

we are a few people meeting at carrickmines parking lot at 1000 driving down there together.

Imo its not a good idea to pot this up for many reasons .

Were a members club not a free for all

its an event that is up on several groups / sites? just be great to see some new faces thats all

Last edited:
Dont see the issue to be honest it's not our event and we are not affiliated in any way to the cars and coffee organisers. We are just attending like everyone else

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

As said above, c&c isnt our event. Anyone can attend and its all over fb and stuff. Wouldnt worry about it, just chill guys, no drama. Mistakes do happen

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

really with all the best intentions to mention it here.

Hope to see a lot of you down there.

No issue with any one going to the c&c as mentioned its all over the web.

My issue is, its in our events calendar and one of our members that runs some events has organised to meet up before and drive down together but then anyone and everyone is been invited to tag along.

Every month on backroads lads are giving out about asreholes at the c&c driving like idiots, if the club rock up with some idiot that doesnt give a **** about our club starts acting the pri*k, you dec as the chairman will have to hear, how were all a bunch of ****s over on backroads.

Which is not good for our club.

of course there are arseholes everywhere, who drives like lunatics and gives car guys bad reputation. But that doesn't mean that the handful of judgmental ppl wont judge us based on that just as much.

If we wont make appearance there, and there will be idiots driving like asses, week later, you will hear it from someone anyways, even if we haven't been there, nor you ever did anything. Just because you have nice and loud car, that will result in the old lady over street thinking you are lunatic anyways.

This club is dying, simple reason for that is, that its kept secret. For outsider, it may seem that we are bunch of old farts who just talk on forum and dont do anything.

Sure this probably worked back in the time when there was thousands of scoobys everywhere, back then it made sense to create 'Subarunati' and keep it secret only invitational. Today it doesnt, and unless we start showing up and gathering ppl into the club scared, of someone saying we are bunch of irresponsible kids, the situation with club wont change.

just my 0.02c, you can crucify me now.

That said, I believe this should be moved into Members section due to the nature of where the conversation went.

Last edited:
No issue with any one going to the c&c as mentioned its all over the web.

My issue is, its in our events calendar and one of our members that runs some events has organised to meet up before and drive down together but then anyone and everyone is been invited to tag along.

Every month on backroads lads are giving out about asreholes at the c&c driving like idiots, if the club rock up with some idiot that doesnt give a **** about our club starts acting the pri*k, you dec as the chairman will have to hear, how were all a bunch of ****s over on backroads.

Which is not good for our club.

Where's that on Joe

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

merlin 10 am Sunday :thumbsup:

I think the essential bit here is we all have the heart in the right place and we all want to do whats best for the club.

Main thing is when we do these things that we are front runners and lead by example.

I think its important to believe it will be great to invite some new people and bring them along to show all the fun and good times we have here.

By all means if you act like a kid you just wont be invited again...

Its good to have an open dialog as to how we want to be seen, and its good to be concerned like duffman and a few others,

but its also important that we are not afraid to try new things and open up to new members that otherwise may not get a chance to be just a little part of the club life, a non full member now could be a full member sunday evening if we give them that feel good club life experience

of course there are arseholes everywhere, who drives like lunatics and gives car guys bad reputation. But that doesn't mean that the handful of judgmental ppl wont judge us based on that just as much.

If we wont make appearance there, and there will be idiots driving like asses, week later, you will hear it from someone anyways, even if we haven't been there, nor you ever did anything. Just because you have nice and loud car, that will result in the old lady over street thinking you are lunatic anyways.

This club is dying, simple reason for that is, that its kept secret. For outsider, it may seem that we are bunch of old farts who just talk on forum and dont do anything.

Sure this probably worked back in the time when there was thousands of scoobys everywhere, back then it made sense to create 'Subarunati' and keep it secret only invitational. Today it doesnt, and unless we start showing up and gathering ppl into the club scared, of someone saying we are bunch of irresponsible kids, the situation with club wont change.

just my 0.02c, you can crucify me now.

That said, I believe this should be moved into Members section due to the nature of where the conversation went.

I cant believe that you think this club is dying because you think the club is kept a secret, its far from a secret, its all over social media.

I dont wanna argue, but yes, that is exactly what I think. I know bunch of lads owning subarus who know about the club but aren't interested joining, their words: why? whats the point?

Maybe if they knew how often we meet, that we have our own trackday, BBQ and all those other things that are hidden under 'membership' fee in 'membership' department, maybe that would be a reason for them to join.

But we will never know...

I think the essential bit here is we all have the heart in the right place and we all want to do whats best for the club.

Main thing is when we do these things that we are front runners and lead by example.

I think its important to believe it will be great to invite some new people and bring them along to show all the fun and good times we have here.

By all means if you act like a kid you just wont be invited again...

Its good to have an open dialog as to how we want to be seen, and its good to be concerned like duffman and a few others,

but its also important that we are not afraid to try new things and open up to new members that otherwise may not get a chance to be just a little part of the club life, a non full member now could be a full member sunday evening if we give them that feel good club life experience
Your heart is definitely in the right place zigster.
The thing is steve and damo from backroads that organise the c&c have to work very hard to get a venue for these things, there on the third venue now and still getting idiots messing and its only a matter of time before they are asked to leave this place, I just wouldnt like someone thats not on backroads or the isdc to cause this when we have invited them along.

They can **** back home and think nothing of it but the isdc look like idots and theres no more c&c just because .

All my opinion and nothing against anyone

Back