Old car cover....

MARTINGTI

Octane Boostaholics
Hey folks,

Looking for anyone who might have an old car cover they dont use anymore. I tow the Celica to Mondello with an A frame and every time I have the car shining before I leave and by the time I get there I nearly have to dig it out of a pile of shite from the spray off the van!

Had a quick look on e-bay but there all in the uk and want to try one for this friday.

Cheers

It will catch the wind Martin and come off I'd say hence why you don't see ads doing it

I thought of that. But id chance anything once! ????

Id make holes around the bottom, tie it down. Be grand!

I'm telling ya pallet wrap won't move
Rip it off when you get there and ots about a tenner a roll
Jobs oxo

Martin you do know that your supposed to have a driver in the car been towed on a A frame and that the car been towed has to be road legal with a full window.

Putting a cover over it may draw to much attention and will probably get catch in the wheels and get pulled off anyway.

Martin you do know that your supposed to have a driver in the car been towed on a A frame and that the car been towed has to be road legal with a full window.

Putting a cover over it may draw to much attention and will probably get catch in the wheels and get pulled off anyway.

It would be some funny being pulled over and the cops lifting the car cover and there is you mate sitting in it

I have researched this very well. You can tow a broken down car with an a frame perfectly legally. That's how the AA and the RAC etc all use them to tow in Cars they cant fix on the road side. So option one is to say its broken down.

If the car is not broken down then the towed car is treated as a trailer as the same rules apply. I have the EB licence etc so the only stumbling block i would have is if the "trailer" is under 750kg. As if its over 750kg it has to have independant brakes. If stopped some time, to look into the celica its stripped to death and its small and ill argue all day that's its bang on 750kg. And pray im not within 25miles of a weigh bridge! I have all the other boxes ticked. Light board, secondry coupling, red triangles, on tow sign.... The actual weight is the only issue.

Iv heard all the stories before that the towed car has to have insurance etc and a driver.... Its just not true. End of the day its a trailer once its being towed in the eyes of the law and the regs in relation to a trailer apply.

Last edited:
Iv the ka wired like a trailer so when I'm towing it's plugged into the tow car and all its original rear lights work so board needed

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Most of the time if you're not acting the knob and have an appropriate towing vehicle then you're left alone weather using a transporter or a-frame! I use both in different circumstances size of what I'm towing etc and never have any problems!
I'm naturally a jammy sort of cnut but if I'm stopped for any reason I speak respectfully and they just check out the way it's strapped and all lights etc and let me on!

Most of the time if you're not acting the knob and have an appropriate towing vehicle then you're left alone weather using a transporter or a-frame! I use both in different circumstances size of what I'm towing etc and never have any problems!
I'm naturally a jammy sort of cnut but if I'm stopped for any reason I speak respectfully and they just check out the way it's strapped and all lights etc and let me on!

Exactly. I have a new 171 transit towing it this year and nearly new last year and passed many a squad car without issue. And ya, if stopped, lots of respect, stay cool and it'll be fine

just remember the 80kph max speed when towing a trailer .

my father used to tow a small car behind his camper van many years ago on the continent until it was outlawed in France where he mostly went .never had an issue until he got done for 90kph in a 100 zone while towing it home through wexford :facepalm:

Well this will be an experiment!

Attachments

• IMAG2878.jpg
    IMAG2878.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMAG2879.jpg
    IMAG2879.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 63
I believe in ya but I'm only giving you 10-20klm before you pull in and take it off :icon_grin:

Think I seen it passing this way in the wind.
441abc635c7d5411a302575fdc392443.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lol
Where was that taken ...did we drive around that on the northern drive looks very familiar

Back