Oil change soon! need advice.

Tad

Petrolheads
So would need a bit of advice, runing in procedure is near done driven about 1k miles did change the oil 3 times at 30/400/500/ miles
with Millers CRO 10w-40 competition mineral runing in oil.

Would i just stick to 10w40 synthetic?

The internals are standard no mods and will stay like that a while,

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tad

Last edited:
Scoobysub input be well worth listening to here I'm sure he will be along ????

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Recently did the same, engine rebuilt by Ali burrows, forged internals, he recommended 10w 60 fully synthetic, I'd imagine fully synthetic 10w 40 should be fine for standard engine with no mods, enjoy,

Best of luck with it

Opie oils told me to use synthethic, subaru dealership told to use semi synthethic, good friend of mine which is a mechanic told me to put synthethic 10w50 or w60 even if id like to go on a track, few more opinions and id be sure then.

Which brand's of oils are us using? :icon_grin:

Last edited:
Yeah Subaru recommended semi synthetic 10w 40 but I'd use fully synthetic, always did and never an issue, motul oil very good or any decent brand Mobil 1, etc

Starting and 'what oil' thread is like opening a can of worms. Every one has his own opinion an preferences and has been talked about over and over so much that you would get quicker responce checking the forum search engine rather than waiting for the lads to answer.
I personally have listened to Tim from opieoils and was sticking to millers nanodrive fully synthetic 5w40 for stock and mild moded car. Did 3 oil changes so far with zero oil burn or hassle but its a bit pricey at near 100e for 5l bottle.

Motul Fully 10/40 is perfect chice all year round.

If doing hard driving/ track days in summer months then 15/50 is good option.

As has being said it's down to personal preference really everyone has differant opinions . I run motul 300v competition 15w50 in both cars . I was runing 10w40 motul in the rebuilt legacy for the first few changes and found no differences in the 2 of them . It was just down to avaibality of the 20 litre drums v the 2 litre cans .
Any good oil will do the job, be it motul,Mobil , Fuchs, millers, etc if your engine is going to let go under normal conditions the oil won't stop it :thumbsup:

I'm also using motul 10/40 for years in all my Subaru's and never a problem great old expensive but I think worth it.
As said above all the lads have different views on oil
I'd just buy the best I can afford and forget about it and just drive it on
Congrats on the new motor.

Motul fully synthetic 10/40 is what I got at at Finnegans Subaru yesterday. I do daily driving with a bit of afternoon rambling so just fine for me.

Have Motul 300V 10/40 in Stock. €31.95

Yes in 2L cans.

So 6L first purchase. Allows to have top oil in between.

Second service order 4L as will have excess from first.

Back