Hi from new Legacy Spec B owner

Daithi

Hi everybody,

I've been lurking for a while so thought I better say hello. Picked up my first Subaru recently, '04 JDM GT Spec B wagon in manual & totally standard as far as I can see so far. I'm really pleased with it, a few little jobs to do to it to get it back to factory+ condition but its by far the best car I've ever owned. Not had a chance to wash it yet so only have the one obligatory photo but will put up a few more at the weekend after a nice detail session. Looks like a great forum, looking forward to going to a few meets or trackdays etc and learning more about my car.

Cheers all :thumbsup:
Dave

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 179
Your very welcome, gorgeous wagon, my brother has one and I had a saloon one, good power and very reasonable on insurance, enjoy

:thumbsup:Welcome along. Great looking legacy wagon you have there :clap: look forward to seeing it at a few events

Looks lovely man, thinking my next car will be the next generation legacy, best of luck with it

Hi Dave what area of the island you in

Have members night meet coming up in Dublin in few weeks pm me if intrested might give you a flavour of the club if your intrested in joing up????

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome lads!

@Keith yep you probably did

@Ciaran in Dublin, PM sent, sounds good

Lovely car is it auto or manual?

If you need any info let me know I had one for 7 years!

Thanks Dan, you'll be sorry now as I'll have a heap of questions for you! Now that I have cleaned it / destickered / fresh plates it feels like its more my car. Had a lovely spin out in it today. :thumbsup: Needs a set of tyres soon, and I'd like to get a full service on it asap so I have a good baseline to start with.

I'm reading a lot of (and sometimes conflicting) information on all the forums and websites about the issue of remap and Irish fuel. I know I have to research it myself to be sure but would I be correct to say my options are:
-leave it as is and risk detonation when driving it hard
-use the NF Octane booster, reduce risk of detonation and keep full power
-get it remapped for 95ron, not bother with octane booster, but then does it have less power than it should?

Car has done only a couple of thousand Km with the importer and I have been taking it handy since I got it. Still on my first tank of fuel.

Also the eco-button, from what I read and feel when driving its two completely different maps one with less boost and supposedly leaner afr when cruising, (along with a little "eco" light that stays on at light throttle and below 3000rpm) - it's definitely more sedate to drive around in eco mode but am I risking damage in that mode without the car being remapped or using octane booster yet?

cheers lads

Attachments

• P1130197 - Copy.JPG
    P1130197 - Copy.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 114
  • P1130209 - Copy.JPG
    P1130209 - Copy.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 114
Back