I have crossed over to the Darkside :)

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Im sure its only a matter of time before i get banned off here, fitsrt jumping ship to Audi in the big lump of an s6 now jumping to a diesel, i understand if you want to delete my account!

t i finally got rid of the s6 today and picked up a 2012 Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro s-line.

I love the shape of the car and you don't see too many around, lots of extra's on this updated Audi infotainment stuff, night vision camera, self parking, Bang and Olufsen system, Irish Audi full service history, came nicely detailed with Wheels refurbished

Some pull out of the TDI v6 Audi lump, not sure ill even bother with a remap! Few pics

FgKmAaj.jpg

nkamz9l.jpg

2i9z0My.jpg

Wish you all the best with the new wheels, man that seriously looks class [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice motor Dan.

The 3.0Tdi is a cracking engine... loads of power and really quite economical when you consider the power and the fact it is a 3 litre. Had a 3.0Tdi A4 avant quattro... very comfy, had the uprated stereo too, loads of grip, loads of power, reasonable running costs (except that mine was on the old tax system so €1494 tax per year was a bit of a shocker when due).

If it is an Auto then don't map it, the autoboxes do not deal well with the additional torque... Was advised not to remap mine for that reason by several VAG tuning experts I spoke with.

If it is a manual then you are looking at some weapon capable of a reliable 280bhp / 650Nm on just an off the shelf solution like Bluefin or Shark... more if you do some exhaust work and/or custom map. Keep in mind it is a diesel though so not made to rev to the redline... use the torque instead and you won't be any slower and your (diesel) engine will thank you for it.

Well wear fella.

Nice motor Dan.

The 3.0Tdi is a cracking engine... loads of power and really quite economical when you consider the power and the fact it is a 3 litre. Had a 3.0Tdi A4 avant quattro... very comfy, had the uprated stereo too, loads of grip, loads of power, reasonable running costs (except that mine was on the old tax system so €1494 tax per year was a bit of a shocker when due).

If it is an Auto then don't map it, the autoboxes do not deal well with the additional torque... Was advised not to remap mine for that reason by several VAG tuning experts I spoke with.

If it is a manual then you are looking at some weapon capable of a reliable 280bhp / 650Nm on just an off the shelf solution like Bluefin or Shark... more if you do some exhaust work and/or custom map. Keep in mind it is a diesel though so not made to rev to the redline... use the torque instead and you won't be any slower and your (diesel) engine will thank you for it.

Well wear fella.

Thanks for the info its a tiptronic 7 speed box, i have heard about the lesser CVT, multi tronic boxes not liking the remaps. But i heard this box is good for it. Its 245bhp as standard. Rev stage 1 tune seems to be a good option. Ill do some more research before i go getting a remap of course. Tax is 570 so a saving of 1200 per year over the s6!

Mine was the Tiptronic 6spd 233bhp quattro s-line... and was told not to do it, but maybe the 7spd is stronger?

570... NICE... some difference with the tax on my '07 one.

Do not think the CVT was ever mated to the 3.0, only to the 2.0 afaik.

Last edited:
Well wear, Lovely machine, drove the 306hp version last summer.... it really shifts. And at least v6 diesels dont sound as nasty as the 4 pot lumps

Well wear, Lovely machine, drove the 306hp version last summer.... it really shifts. And at least v6 diesels dont sound as nasty as the 4 pot lumps

Yes you dont hear much from in the cabin and even externally when idling its rather smooth sound compared to the 2.0 TDI diesel you here chugging around. I might get it remapped in a few months that should see it increase to about 300hp

well ware Dan.

sweet bus .

got a diesel vrs on the driveway myself . loving the diesel so far .
Couldn't give up on subaru though :subaru:

Congrats Dan, another smashing machine there!
Good luck with her and dont forget the gas mask for those VAG diesel meets :54: :roll:

Lovely car, best of luck with her.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back