2001 corsa leak

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
I presume this is the right place to put it but do any of you know of a common area to fix this? It's the gf's car and I've sealed all the strips along the roof, and back lights.. online they say it comes in behind the steering rack but it's behind the driver seat that gets wet, I mean a puddle.. any help would be appreciated ????

Hmm I'll have to take a look there, it was grand over the summer lol came very close to just drilling the floor yesterday but sure ya can't be at that crack lol ill take a look when I get the chance and let you know, cheers man

It's probably the bulk head . There's a removable panel there around where the steering column goes through.
It leaks around this panel straight into the car.
You can see it from engine bay.
It's really awkward ????????

I'd go with what you read on line.
Sounds like it's coming from the bulk head.

The puddle behind the seat is where the water rests as it can go no further, it flows from front to back and lodges there.
Don't let that fool you!

My gf's corsa is exactly the same. Leaking a lot

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ahh the dreaded Corsa leak, I don't come across them at work much but have heard of this issue. It's either the bulkhead, roof gully or scuttle where the wiper arms are.

Really didn't expect such a knowledge of opel here haha
Gonna get on this now asap as she wants to upgrade to an Sri astra and don't wanna be selling a wet car lol
Cheers lads

I work for Opel, I don't see a lot of Astras coming in the door for major issues. Mostly just regular services and he odd droplink here and there. Overall, a solid car. I'm sure Opel doesn't tickle everyone's fancy especially the Insignia with it's known issues.

Had four vectras man, the last bein a 1.8SRI with a few extras, solid car in my opinion also. This was her first car that she should have enough sold ages ago haha any model in particular you'd recommend from the astras?

If I was to get an Astra, I'd get the SRI hatch. The alloys are lovely compared to the Insignias horrid ones. It feels like a small car too. There is a sport pack that has slightly sportier seats that really comfortable and has a great ICE system with touchscreen and all the usual phone connections etc.

To be fair to opel, that 01 corsa, while being very bumpy and not really good driver, is fault free. There is literally nothing wrong with it, just the usual wear and tear that goes. Nothing major. Very reliable car tbh. Not sure how other opels stand with it, but great point of this car was the timing chain... makes maintenance way easier

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back