WANTED - Rear wiper motor for '02 JDM Legacy B4

ZA_B4

Sunday Drivers
Hi guys, As the titles says I'm looking for a rear wiper motor for my Legacy, mine seems to have seized.
If any body has one or knows where to get a used working one for cheap please let me know.

Have you tried taking the cover off the electric motor to clean it up. That's where mine got stuck, just needed a clean, same model and year as yours.

Would you have a picture of it or part number.

I bought one s while ago and wouldn't fit mine. Must try and dig it out and see

Would you have a picture of it or part number.

I bought one s while ago and wouldn't fit mine. Must try and dig it out and see
Hmmm not sure Carlo, will yank it out on the weekend and get back to you

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

i have one there from jamies type R,you can have it for nothing if it will fit:thumbsup:
I'm gonna be yanking it out tomorrow (Saturday) to check for condition and part numbers so i will let you all know with pictures

I managed to get the motor out but only just...
I could only liberate it by dismantling the whole mechanism.
I was unable to get the mechanism due to this retaining nut, which is totally rusted and corroded:
4e3b3c44c3d0f9ef3aa7cbd4037b6fee.jpg

Anyway from the looks of it the motor and mechanism look in good, clean condition:
1973456dbeb14d90b5756f30293613e1.jpg

98ae7d6a83fc147a6e538d8edb0a3d70.jpg

The problem looks to be to motors brushes, even saw scorch marks on and around one of them:

8760fcade778b74497e35a68ab52a57f.jpg

e00d6fd30056705805bc01b35235baba.jpg

So looks like im going to have to replace at least the motor, but im thinking i should cut that nut off and replace the whole mechanism, what do you guys think?

Dave, did you have a picture of the one you had ?

Lol same happened to mine.

Motor burnt out as bit that moves wiper (middle of that seized bolt) has jammed. No point in replacing motor as same will happen again.

Lol same happened to mine.

Motor burnt out as bit that moves wiper (middle of that seized bolt) has jammed. No point in replacing motor as same will happen again.

Yeah that Shaft and Nut seem to be the common weak point in that whole assembly I hope Dave doesn't have the same issue :D.
I think i actually snapped something on mine cos i emptied about half a can of WD40 and then with a bit of "persuasion" it finally came loose but it just turns and turns it doesn't actually loosen:hammerhead:
So i Reckon i will have to cut mine off to replace the mechanism.
Once i actually get it out i want to see if there is any way of waterproofing it better because i don't want to be put in a situation where i have to cut the blasted thing off again! :comp26:

Last edited:
Thanks Dave, lemme yank mine out on the weekend and I'll get back to you

Hi Dave, please can you let me know how you're getting on, my WhatsApp doesn't seem to be working right so I'm not sure if you're getting my messages.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks in advance.

Back