ads17

Sunday Drivers
Swap my lowrise boot spoiler mint condition
For a highrise spoiler.

My spoiler is in Subaru blue-2005 hawkeye

Thanks

Ps: swap complete boot as below comment makes better sence

Last edited:
May swap the whole boot lid as the spoilers have different hole patterns.
Also swap the tensioner spring too as different weight of the spoilers makes it a pain if you do not swap that spring.

Mine is a black Hawk STI...

Took off the high rise and put on a low rise when I got her.

For ages had the stiffer STI boot lid tensioner spring on it and the whole lot would try launch itself through the rear window when you'd pull the boot release. Other member on here had the opposite with putting on the high rise and the weaker low rise spring and for them the boot lid would try to decapitate them every time they'd have it open and stick their head in to get something out of the boot.

At this point the general consensus is that it is much cheaper and faster to swap the whole boot lid with spoiler on it (so don't need to either drill holes and/or fill holes... and change over the spring. All of it can be changed in half an hour that way...

Sorry Keadeen for the confusing

Yea i,m after a swap my lowrise spoiler (boot+spoiler+spring)
For a highrise

Fyi Be very unlikely to get a swap low rise can't be given away genuine high rise bout 300 euro up

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I didn't fit the STI springs when I got my high rise. Nearly got my head chopped a couple times. Decided to install them before I got hurt. Not the easiest thing to change mind you.

I also have a nice set of alloys in my other swapshop thread ill trade for a boot with highrise

Only if you have them side-by-side.... basically identical shape etc, but the stronger one just made of slightly thicker diameter. Be hard pushed just looking at it to tell the difference if you didn't have one of each there.

I didn't fit the STI springs when I got my high rise. Nearly got my head chopped a couple times. Decided to install them before I got hurt. Not the easiest thing to change mind you.

Hehehe Eanna... struggled with changing those springs myself first time round... But got the hang of it. Have to be very careful as it could seriously hurt you if it slips while putting on or off the bracket - and of course most of us do not have the official Subaru tool with the correct notches in it to prevent if from slipping and "jumping" from its seat to try kill you in the process lol.

Back