High rise bonnet scoop on a classic.

Tad

Petrolheads
So seen classics with them on they have to be for sale somewhere? didnt see any yet!!
Any one knows anything about them or where could i look for one?

Ht autos used to do them but don't see them there now http://htautos.co.uk/
should find on eBay http://www.ebay.com/bhp/gc8-hood-scoop
maybe someone else knows where they can be got
I think it's safe to say the general consensus is that they don't suit the classic
but I have seen it work on one or two
maybe there are various sized ones
it's a personal choice I suposse and as long as you can swop between its no biggie to change
Pointless on a front mount setup I'd say except for look

Good for air bad for look imo

Far as I know blob sti scoop fits.

Only reason I'd do it if car was needing more air

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think it looks awesome more aggressive imo and more air obviuosly
Im runing a tmic and not planing anything anytime soon so..
Wouldnt like to be cutting bonnet or anything like that to suit scoop from blob

Wrx blob one be higher than what u have too sti blob one biggest oem one they did.

I've a wrx scoop down in my parents I'll try dig it out see if it will fit

with the classic already being small I would go with the WRX here, I love the blob STI scoop myself, my absolute favorite. nut I will add it is really big.

Wrx blob one be higher than what u have too sti blob one biggest oem one they did.

I've a wrx scoop down in my parents I'll try dig it out see if it will fit

That would be great Ciaran!

Is you'r one Sti scoop that u have on the wrx?

Last edited:
with the classic already being small I would go with the WRX here, I love the blob STI scoop myself, my absolute favorite. nut I will add it is really big.

I wouldn't want a huge scoop now and i did look at the sti blob scoop it is quite big? and a blob in general is a wider/bigger car so
wouldnt look right on a classic but as u said a wrx would suit perfect if fits, i did find one for gc8 on ebay from fiberglass in taiwan at 140$ + 65$ postage :shock2: be cheaper to glue 1 myself

Last edited:
Yea fook that to much money reason think it fits mate had one in for dyno day with sti blob scoop far as I remember he said undertray needed modifying to fit looks to big ya Sti one on mine don't go buying anything if I can dig mine out you can have it if it's still there (wrx one)

Sti scoop

9fd096a78e06f4e15d3d076b39d6f286.jpg

Yea fook that to much money reason think it fits mate had one in for dyno day with sti blob scoop far as I remember he said undertray needed modifying to fit looks to big ya Sti one on mine don't go buying anything if I can dig mine out you can have it if it's still there (wrx one)

Sti scoop

9fd096a78e06f4e15d3d076b39d6f286.jpg

Doesnt look too bad :icon_grin: i found 1 in uk proper gc8 1 70 quid all in not too bad i would think but if u can dig the wrx one id buy that of u, dont mind modifying undertray!

Best man to ask is Diesel Tom here worth sending a pm he'd know for definite if possible

Scoop if not gone in bin is in Cork I'll get the dad to have a look tomoro and let u know

Dont want to cause hassle if its that big of a deal dont worry about it no rush, ill try to pm Diesel Tom, if no then ill just get that 1 of ebay for gc8 last one left dough :icon_grin:

Just rang the old man there he can't find it I'd say go ahead and order that one there if last one ????

Im afraid to order it as going away on sat till 5 of Jan and the job is closed from 23 till 3 i wonder would it come by 23rd.

Wouldn't say so get it send to mates house I guess

Back